The LEWI International Conference on "The Chinese Catholic Church: Regional and Local Studies, Late Qing-Present" And "A Roundtable to Commemorate the 60th Anniversary of Teilhard de Chardin's Death"
Country: Hong Kong
City: Hong Kong
Abstr. due: 30.09.2014
Dates: 15.12.14 — 15.11.14
Area Of Sciences: Philosophy;
Organizing comittee e-mail: email@example.com
Organizers: Hong Kong Baptist University
The conference adopts an inter-disciplinary approach to the study of the Chinese Catholic Church. Professors, researchers, post-doc fellows and graduate students of History, Political Science, Sociology, Anthropology, Theology, Religious Studies, Gender Studies, Humanities and Translation are welcome to join.
Topics of panels and papers should focus on the REGIONAL AND LOCAL STUDIES of the Chinese Catholic Church from late Qing to the present. These include Catholic societies, congregations and institutions in a particular region or locality. Also included are Chinese and foreign personalities and the laity in a particular locality. For example, provinces, cities, villages, and parishes. Cross-cultural studies are most welcome.
2. CONFERENCE THEMES:
I. Regional and Local Studies
- Regional, provincial and local case studies;
- Modern and contemporary events and personalities;
- Cross-cultural, intercultural and transcultural case studies;
- The role of women in the Chinese Catholic Church;
- Bible translations;
- Foreign Catholic missionary groups in Chinese society;
- Comparisons between Chinese church communities on the mainland, in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan; and
- The impact of Vatican II on the Chinese Catholic Church
II. The development of theology based on the works of Teilhard de Chardin
-Teilhard de Chardin, the person and his work; and
-Theological works based on the contribution of Teilhard
Conference Web-Site: http://lewi.hkbu.edu.hk/church2015/index.html