Dynamics in Viscous Liquids IV
Abstr. due: 14.12.2014
Dates: 04.05.15 — 07.05.15
Organizing comittee e-mail: email@example.com
Organizers: Institute of Materials Physics in Space German Aerospace Center (DLR)
The workshop focuses on the latest theoretical and experimental developments on the dynamics in viscous liquids, such as glass-forming liquids, viscous metallic melts, silicate melts, polymer melts, dense colloidal suspensions, gels, soft-matter and biophysical systems showing slow anomalous transport, active matter, and computer-simulated model systems.
A central aim of the workshop is to bring together and encourage new discussions between different scientific communities that essentially address similar issues from different points of view. These communities include areas from geosciences, metal physics, live sciences, colloid and polymer sciences up to fundamental statistical physics.
Key questions include:
- how macroscopic material properties of viscous liquids emerge from their microscopic dynamics
- fundamental transport mechanisms in dense liquids near and far from equilibrium
- the emergence of anomalous diffusion
- the interplay between structure and dynamics
- static and dynamic heterogeneities
- slow dynamics under external fields
- transport phenomena in dense active-particle systems
- nonlinear response behavior and the microscopic mechanisms it probes
- colloidal and soft-matter model systems for glassy dynamics
The workshop serves as an international discussion forum for addressing such and related questions.
Conference Web-Site: http://www.viscous-liquids.de/2015/