Global Discourses in Women's and Gender Studies
Abstr. due: 15.12.2014
Dates: 26.03.15 — 28.03.15
Area Of Sciences: Sociology;
Organizing comittee e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizers: Women's & Gender Studies Program, Middle Tennessee State University
On behalf of Middle Tennessee State University's Women's and Gender Studies Program, I cordially invite you to participate in our 11th biennial conference: Global Discourses in Women's and Gender Studies, March 26-28, 2015. Our conference theme reflects our interest in promoting feminist perspectives that foreground the influence of global forces on women's and/or gendered existence and in examining connections between local/national and global issues that relate to women's and/or gendered existence. We welcome scholars, activists, non-profit professionals, students, and others who engage issues of social justice, particularly those related to women and gender.
The 2015 conference highlights gender and education and provides an opportunity for participants to explore and critically analyze issues such as:
- Girls' access to education
- Educating boys
- Gender in STEM education
- Bullying and homophobia in schools
- Education and development
- Transnational feminist activism and pedagogies of empowerment
We aim to make this conference a very satisfying experience for all participants; consequently, we offer the following:
- Very reasonable conference costs. (Please see registration information.)
- Single panel per session conference format. This format provides the opportunity for larger audiences at sessions, substantive audience engagement with material presented, and sustained exchange of ideas among presenters and conference participants. This format also promotes interaction among conference participants that can contribute to a positive conference experience.
- Professional development workshop. This workshop is free and open to all registered participants.
- Film screening and discussion.
Conference Web-Site: http://www.mtsu.edu/womenstu/conference/index.php
Similar conferences with close deadlines:
IX международная научно-практическая конференция "Подготовка конкурентоспособного специалиста как цель современного образования"Theses applying till 15.11.19, Прага
MLA 2020 - Mobilizing Self-IndifferenceTheses applying till 13.03.20, Seattle