Cutting Edge 2015 – Answers to the Great Question, of Life, the Universe and Everything
Country: United Kingdom
Abstr. due: 09.01.2015
Dates: 17.04.15 — 18.04.15
Area Of Sciences: Philosophy;
Organizing comittee e-mail: email@example.com.
Organizers: Edge Hill University
We invite you to submit abstracts for Cutting Edge 2015: Answers to the Great Question, of Life, the Universe and Everything, Edge Hill University’s 2nd annual postgraduate conference. This multi-disciplinary conference offers postgraduate students the opportunity to expand their spheres of awareness, as well as meet postgraduates from different fields and institutions. This is a chance for postgraduates to meet those going through similar experiences, and learn from each other- after all, we are all more than our specialisms. We will also be offering places in workshops aimed at postgraduates- the ins and outs of funding, publishing, the academic CV, etc.
The conference’s main theme is ‘answers to the great question, of life, the universe, and everything’. This theme encompasses the examination of any form of life, any universe or any world; this is not a discipline specific conference and so our definitions of these terms are broad and open to interpretation. We would like to hear about how you are examining the lives, worlds and universes around us. What kind of impact would your research have on the lives and/or worlds you are examining? Do we share methods of exploration from one discipline to the next?
Some examples of topics include (but are by no means limited to):
- Impact of examining artistic and performative worlds/lives.
- Psychological approaches to stereotypes in the world.
- Geographical approaches to life on Earth
- Exploration of the world of media and its consumers
- Methods used to examine the creation of worlds in literature
- Exploring the rules and laws that govern lives/worlds
- Impact of sociological research into the lives of young people
- Methods of exploring miniature universes (i.e. bug life) in biology
- Exploring the sciences behind a sporting life
- Examining historical lives through music
- Investigations into local communities and societies
- Bringing disciplines together by photographing the universe through Hubble
Conference Web-Site: http://www.edgehill.ac.uk/graduateschool/conference-cutting-edge-2015/