13th International Conference from the series “Musica Practica, Musica Theoretica” – Cultural Identity in the European Musical Tradition
Abstr. due: 31.01.2016
Dates: 19.04.16 — 20.04.16
Area Of Sciences: Computer science;
Organizing comittee e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizers: Faculty of the Theory of Music at the I. J. Paderewski Academy of Music in Poznań
The conference shall concentrate on issues referring to a musical work and various relations between artistic and composing theory and practice. The problems should be presented from the perspective of the sense of cultural identity related to European tradition. Such orientation stems from a belief that it is this sense that has a significant influence on artistic and musical practice, including artists’ stylistic preferences, choice of composing techniques, and consequently the created artistic and aesthetic values.
We hereby suggest the following research areas:
● Cultural identity: semantic and historical aspect of the term, its social
indicators (with particular focus on musical culture)
● Elements that constitute an artist’s (mainly composer’s) identity rooted in heterogeneous European culture
● Planes of intercultural dialogue created in a musical work
● “Unity in diversity” versus identity and cultural diversity
● Musical work: analysis and interpretation in the context of an artist’s sense of cultural identity
● Reception of a musical work in the perspective of cultural diversity.
The lecture, including musical excerpts, should not exceed 20 minutes. The conference shall be held in Polish and English. A paper delivered in Polish should be accompanied by a presentation in English.
Conference participants shall be offered accommodation in the Academy’s guest rooms, full board and modest remuneration.