3rd Internation Conference on South Asian Economic Development
City: New Delhi
Abstr. due: 21.11.2016
Dates: 03.02.17 — 24.02.17
Area Of Sciences: Economics and management;
Organizing comittee e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizers: The Faculty of Economics at the South Asian University
The inaugural conference in 2015 was dedicated to the memory of Prof. G.K. Chadha, the Founding President of South Asian University. His vision of South Asian University as a vibrant academic space towards creation of South Asian consciousness continues to guide our intellectual endeavours. Our 2nd conference (Feb 18-19, 2016) successfully reflected the continuity we wish to achieve through academic dialogues across the region. We hope to further this in our third conference.
The South Asian region presents a study in contrasts. Despite growing at impressive rates over last decade and a half, the region is home to the largest concentration of the world's poor with abysmal levels of access to basic economic and social infrastructure. Despite sharing a common economic history that goes back several millennia, it remains one of the least integrated regions of the world with large untapped benefits from greater economic and financial integration. Being part of a unique university with a mandate of inculcating regional consciousness among the citizens of South Asia, the Faculty of Economics envisions for itself a leading role in understanding the economic challenges and opportunities unique to this region. We believe that a rigorous scientific enquiry is needed for this purpose. Through this conference, we strive to provide a platform for research containing methodological advances, both in economic theory and empirical methods, which would contribute to our understanding of South Asian Economic Development.
Themes for the Conference:
We invite theoretical and empirical contributions in all areas of relevance to South Asian economies. This may include (but not limited to):
- Issues in Economic development, with special focus on South Asia.
- Macroeconomic theory and policy relevant for the South Asian region.
- Trade and economic integration (including monetary and financial integration) in the SAARC region.
- Banking and financial institutions in South Asia
- Microeconomic and Game theoretic applications in development economics (including mechanism design, industrial organization and information economics).
- Economics of health and education in South Asia.
- Economic policies and governance, law and economics with special emphasis on the institutional framework in the South Asian region.
- Issues in Environmental and Energy economics with a special focus on South Asia.
- South Asia in contemporary global economy: prospects and challenges
Similar conferences with close deadlines:
2019 9th International Conference on Business and Economics Research (ICBER 2019)Theses applying till 25.05.19, Beijing
IX международная научно-практическая конференция "Социально-экономические проблемы современного общества"Theses applying till 25.05.19, Прага
2019 10th International Conference on E-Business, Management and Economics (ICEME 2019)Theses applying till 25.05.19, Beijing