Special Track on Sociocultural Aspects of Immersive Learning @ iLRN 2017
Abstr. due: 01.02.2017
Dates: 26.06.17 — 29.06.17
Area Of Sciences: Sociology;
Organizing comittee e-mail: email@example.com
Organizers: immersive Learning Research Network (iLRN)
Current advances on technology have fostered different approaches to the use of immersive technology in learning. The aim of this special track is to offer researchers, practitioners, and stakeholders a forum to share ideas, insights and experiences, as well as to explore multidisciplinary research advances within the context of immersive learning, focusing specifically on sociocultural aspects of immersive learning.
The special track will feature (1) an invited speaker session, (2) a research paper session, and (3) interactive presentations in the format of TED-X, which is designed for speakers from industries, government, and other non-academic settings, who would like to share their innovative ideas and interact with the audience in 20-minute presentations without the need to write formal academic papers. Registration will be open to all interested registered parties.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
• Sociocultural aspects of engagement, assessment and performance within immersive learning environments
• Approaches to blending technology and human support in education and professional service environments.
• Collaborative learning in immersive environments
• Theoretical framework or literature reviews related to cultural aspects of immersive learning
• Engagement, assessment and performance evaluations, from content to usability (e.g., user interface design, interaction design)
• Development of Open Educational Resources (OERs) for immersive learning
• New trends of immersive learning: seamless, affective, social, and collaborative
• Theories, models, and practices related to Entrepreneurship in Education.
Researchers are hereby invited to submit a long paper (10 – 12 pages) detailing their research, or as a short paper (6 -8 pages) describing their work-in-progress. Submissions for the TED-X presentations will be accepted as one-page abstract of the talk, including bio of the speaker.
Conference Web-Site: https://immersivelrn.org/ilrn2017/special_tracks/
Similar conferences with close deadlines:
MLA 2020 - Mobilizing Self-IndifferenceTheses applying till 13.03.20, Seattle