Freedom and Justice: Jobs, Economic Security, and Inclusion
City: New York
Abstr. due: 10.05.2017
Dates: 10.08.17 — 12.08.17
Area Of Sciences: Economics and management;
Organizing comittee e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizers: The National Economic Association (NEA) and the American Society of Hispanic Economists (ASHE)
The National Economic Association (NEA) and the American Society of Hispanic Economists (ASHE) announce and invite paper submissions for their fourth annual interdisciplinary summer conference August 10-12th, 2017. This year’s theme is: Freedom and Justice: Jobs, Economic Security, and Inclusion. The conference will be held at and co-sponsored by John Jay College of Criminal Justice and the New School in New York City. The Freedom and Justice Conference is a social justice conference that attracts a small group of scholars who are dedicated to discussing pressing economic problems and their solutions for communities of color.
The conference calls attention to the words of A. Philip Randolph who linked racial justice with economic justice for all. The conference will provide a forum for discussion of ongoing racial-ethnic economic disparities and policy recommendations designed to counter them.
We are especially interested in papers/panels submissions on the following topics:
· Precarious Employment and Communities of Color
· Gender and Economic Insecurity
· Race, Gender, and the Side-Hustle
· The Economics of Policing Communities of Color
· Race and the Provision of, and Definition of, and Access to Public Goods (higher education, clean water, safe streets, transportation, health care, housing policy, etc.)
· Tribal Communities, Infrastructure, and Resource Extraction
· The Male Wage Inversion (black men make less than white women)
· Agency and Workers of Color (focus on Black Worker Centers, leadership by people of color in the labor movement, Domestic Worker Alliance, Restaurant Opportunities Center (ROC), etc. who, when, where and how workers of color fight to shape their wages, hours and working conditions)
Papers/Panels which examine the conference theme of jobs, economic security, and inclusion for Indigenous and Asian Americans are also encouraged.
We invite scholars to explore these and other questions at our interdisciplinary summer conference. Presenters are expected to contribute to conference discussions for the full two days.
Similar conferences with close deadlines:
VII международная научно-практическая конференция "Проблемы и перспективы развития экономики и управления"Theses applying till 28.11.19, Прага
XI Международная научно-практическая конференция «Экономика, бизнес, инновации»Theses applying till 05.12.19, Пенза
Европейский журнал экономических наук и управления. Номер 1/2020Theses applying till 30.01.20, Вена