Arabic Electronic Literature: New Horizons and Global Perspectives
Country: Un. Arab Emir.
Abstr. due: 24.07.2017
Dates: 25.02.18 — 27.02.18
Organizing comittee e-mail: email@example.com
Organizers: Rochester Institute of Technology
The international conference on Arabic Electronic Literature: New Horizons and Global Perspectives, will be held in Dubai, UAE from February 25-27, 2018. The conference is organized by Rochester Institute of Technology and hosted at the RIT-Dubai campus.
In a world of global networks and transnational information flows, electronic literature (commonly defined as “born digital” literature or e-lit) is a site for new forms of communication, creation, and community. While much of the prominent current scholarly and artistic work in elit is based in the USA and Europe, e-lit is in fact a diverse global practice. In the Arab world,there is a growing network of e-lit scholars, many of whom are also practitioners or deeply connected to artistic practices. Interested authors and experts are invited to submit papers and creative works on topics including, but not limited to:
• scholarship on digital literature and digital criticism as a field and in a global context;
• intercultural issues in literacy, expression, and difference;
• communication and publishing in digital and social media environments;
• histories, precursors, movements, and readings;
• emulations, virtualizations, re-readings, and interpretations;
• preservation, archiving, and access;
• methods, tools, and best practices for creation and scholarship;
• translations, including linguistic, intermedial and intersemiotic, code-text translation;
• children’s electronic literature;
• and other research topics related to the conference theme.
Topics pertaining to Arabic language works and contexts are especially welcome, but submission is open to any work pertaining to electronic literature.