Workshop on Corpus-based Research in the Humanities
Abstr. due: 08.10.2017
Dates: 25.01.18 — 26.01.18
Area Of Sciences: Humanities;
Organizing comittee e-mail: https://www.oeaw.ac.at/forschung-institute/biblio/academiae-corpora/ac/crh2/registration/
Organizers: Austrian Academy of Sciences
The Workshop on "Corpus-based Research in the Humanities" (CRH) brings together those areas of Computational Linguistics and the Humanities that share an interest in the building, managing and analysis of text corpora. The edition of this year has a specific focus on time and space annotation in textual data, backed by a keynote speaker with special interest in this aspect of corpus management.
The second edition of CRH will be held in Vienna (Austria) on January 25th-26th 2018 and will be hosted Austrian Academy of Sciences, University of Vienna and Technische Universitaet Wien.
The series of the CRH workshops continues that of the workshop on "Annotation of Corpora for Research in the Humanities" (ACRH), the three editions of which were held respectively in 2011 (Heidelberg, Germany), 2012 (Lisbon, Portugal) and 2013 (Sofia, Bulgaria). The first CRH was held in Warsaw (Poland) in 2015.
Submissions of long abstracts for oral presentations and posters (with or without demonstrations) featuring high quality and previously unpublished research are invited on the following TOPICS:
- specific issues related to the annotation of corpora for research in the Humanities (annotation schemes and principles), with special interest in space and time annotations
- corpora as a basis for research in the Humanities
- diachronic, historical and literary corpora
- use of corpora for stylometrics and authorship attribution
- philological issues, like different readings, textual variants, apparatus, non-standard orthography and spelling variation
- adaptation of NLP tools for older language varieties
- integration of corpora for the Humanities into language resources infrastructures
- tools for building and accessing corpora for the Humanities
- examples of fruitful collaboration between Computational Linguistics and Humanities in building and exploiting corpora
- theoretical aspects of the use of empirical evidence provided by corpora in the Humanities
Conference Web-Site: https://www.oeaw.ac.at/ac/crh2/
Similar conferences with close deadlines:
Европейский журнал литературоведения и лингвистики. Номер 1/2021Theses applying till 30.01.21, Вена
VI Международный конгресс по социальным и гуманитарным наукам: "Создавая академические связи"Theses applying till 01.07.21, Вена