Energy Systems Conference 2018
Country: United Kingdom
Abstr. due: 26.01.2018
Dates: 19.06.18 — 20.06.18
Area Of Sciences: Technical sciences;
Organizing comittee e-mail: [email protected]
To meet future global energy needs, in ways that are safe, secure, sustainable and affordable, we need a more integrated, intelligent energy system. This is only achievable if we consider all parts of the system and how they interact, all types of participant and all possible technologies; by necessity, this requires a cross-disciplinary approach.
The Energy Systems Conference series brings together researchers, academia, industry, investors and policymakers to explore the most suitable and efficient ways to design, finance and build better and more sustainable energy systems.
The conference aims to provide a forum to:
- Bring together international policymakers, industry and researchers to explore the most suitable, realistic and efficient ways to design and build a better and more sustainable energy system.
- Examine new thinking about the structures, processes and policies that are needed to ensure effective co-ordination across transport, power, industrial and residential energy use, and innovation and skills.
- Recommend steps towards transformation of the regulatory model in the energy sector which will encourage the evolution of quality service provision through disruptive innovation.
- Discuss a role of market feedback and a scaled-up modelling effort in creating a more transparent, evidence based policy framework.
- Look into public expectations and how they should be managed to secure buy-in of new energy system solutions from the public.
- Consider steps to scale up public investment in research, development, demonstration and deployment (R,D,D&D).
- Assess policy frameworks, including measures to reduce the risk of short termism in policy making, to drive future investments in the energy system.
- Assess the impact that cutting edge methodological developments will play in our understanding of what a future energy system may look like and their relevance to policy making.
Outcomes will be published to provide recommendations for policy and decision makers.
High-level conference themes
- Opening plenary session: A system in transition
- Stream 1: Putting sustainability at the heart of the energy system
- Stream 2: Market design approaches
- Stream 3: Interconnected infrastructure systems
- Stream 4: Financing the transition
Abstracts are invited for oral and poster presentations on the conference topics. Please submit abstracts using the Online Submission Form according to the abstract preparation guidelines.
Conference Web-Site: http://www.energysystemsconference.com/
Similar conferences with close deadlines:
2nd International Symposium on Intelligent Unmanned Systems and Artificial Intelligence(SIUSAI 2018)Theses applying till 27.05.18, Las Vegas
Baltic Electronics Conference 2018Theses applying till 27.05.18, Tallinn
3rd International Conference on Opto-Electronic Information Processing (ICOIP 2018)Theses applying till 30.05.18, Poitiers