International Conference 'Teacher Education and Educational Research in the Mediterranean’
Theses deadline: 15.01.2018
Dates: 08.06.18 — 09.06.18
Area Of Sciences: Pedagogy;
Organizing comittee e-mail: [email protected]
Organizers: Faculty of Education, University of Malta & Malta Educational Research Association (MERA)
The following sub-themes have been established to explore the general theme of the conference, 'Teacher Education and Educational Research in the Mediterranean.'
Themes for the 2018 International Conference:
Theme 1: Past, present and the future of teacher education policies and practices in the Mediterranean
- Teacher training and the changing nature of work and learning;
- Initial teacher education and the formation of teacher identity;
- Teachers’ professional development and learning: formal, non-formal and informal;
- Newly qualified teacher work experiences and educational needs;
- Mentoring in pre-service and in-service teacher education.
Theme 2: Reforming and reinventing teacher education and work
- Challenges in selecting pedagogical and content knowledge for teacher education;
- Reflective practice in teaching and research;
- Teacher education for improvement of students' health and wellbeing;
- Classroom management skills and teacher training;
- Teachers' role in preventing early school leaving from education and training;
- Teaching and learning languages and communication skills (bilingualism, foreign language,...);
- Preparing teachers for the increasingly demanding early childhood education and care;
- Training of teachers for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) subjects;
- Preparing teachers to work with information and communication technologies;
- Preparing teachers for assessment for learning;
- Adult Education for social change;
- Popular and community-based education;
- Further and higher education.
Theme 3: Student teacher social and economic conditions in the Mediterranean
- Youth interest in the teaching profession in the Mediterranean;
- Student teacher recruitment, selection and training;
- Student teachers’ social engagement and approaches to learning;
- Student-centered learning and teacher education;
- Expanding opportunities for teacher student learning.
Theme 4: The role of professional associations and leadership in improving teachers' wellbeing
- Teacher professional status and working conditions;
- Job demand and control in teaching and job satisfaction;
- Teacher working conditions, work-life balance and wellbeing;
- Teacher agency in professional practice.
Theme 5: Teacher training and Inclusive education
- Teacher role in integration of recent immigrants to Europe [the Mediterranean region];
- Developing teachers' intercultural competence;
- Teacher sensitivity to diversity in the classroom;
- Researching inclusive education to close the theory-practice gap;
- Education for learning support assistance and inclusion.
Theme 6: Teachers as researchers - possibilities, challenges and the reality
- The role of practice-based research in initial teacher education;
- Pre-service teachers’ development through research and collaboration;
- Evidence- and research-based teacher education and practices;
- Teachers' engagement in collaborative research and innovative work;
- Building capacity for research and innovation through initial teacher training and CPD.
Theme 7: Other issues related to Educational Research and Teacher Education.
Conference Web-Site: https://www.um.edu.mt/events/teerm2018/home
Similar conferences with close deadlines:
VI Международная научно-практическая конференция «Современная психология и педагогика: проблемы и решения»Theses applying till 24.01.18, Новосибирск
16th Conference of the European Council for High AbilityTheses applying till 24.01.18, Dublin
2018 Winter Global Conference on Education Theses applying till 26.01.18, Los Angeles