The 2nd Context, Cognition and Communication Conference: Contexts, Concepts, Objects
Abstr. due: 01.02.2018
Dates: 16.06.18 — 19.06.18
Organizing comittee e-mail: email@example.com
Organizers: University of Warsaw , Institute of Philosophy
The theme of the second CCC conference is: “Contexts, Concepts, Objects”. We invite papers falling in the areas of philosophy of language, philosophy of action, philosophy of mind, epistemology, natural language semantics, pragmatics, cognitive science, theoretical linguistics, semiotics, formal philosophy and philosophical logic.
The purpose of the conference is to provide a platform for philosophers, linguists and cognitive scientists for discussing issues connected with the phenomenon of context dependence, the theory of concepts, the theory of abstract objects as well as the connections between the three areas. We especially encourage submissions addressing foundational philosophical issues.
The topics may include, but are not limited to:
- issues of formal representations of context and conversational dynamics,
- topics in the logic and semantics of indexicals and demonstratives,
- motivations for classical and non-classical approaches to mental and linguistic contents,
- the impact of contexts on propositional attitude attributions,
- the nature of context effects in cognition and language processing,
- theories of concepts,
- theories of abstract objects and abstract concepts,
- abstraction in language and thought,
- the theory of conceptual spaces.
Conference Web-Site: https://philevents.org/event/show/38286