International Conference "Art and Textile Production in the Medieval Mediterranean"
Abstr. due: 15.03.2018
Dates: 25.09.18 — 27.09.18
Organizing comittee e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizers: Museo del Traje
This conference aims to analyse medieval textile production from a cross-sectoral approach, focusing on the Mediterranean as an area of confluences that gave rise to varied manufactures with common links. This meeting, which will be attended by international specialists on textile research, proposes to re-examine assumptions on the production, functionality and circulation of these luxury objects. The collecting of these works, with regard to their archaeological and artistic value, as well as textile conservation, will also be under consideration.
According to these interests, the aspects to be discussed will include the following topics:
- Materiality and characterisation of medieval textiles.
- Aesthetics and ornamental patterns.
- Production and trade.
- Functions and uses.
- Textile ensembles and textile collecting.
- Conservation and musealisation.
Researchers interested in submitting a paper on any of the topics listed above are invited to send their proposals in Spanish, English, French and Italian, including the following information:
- Title of the paper proposal.
- Name and surname of the author and email address.
- Abstract of about 500 words.
- Brief academic and research CV of about 300 words.
Conference Web-Site: http://www.ucm.es/manufacturastextilesandalusies/conference