2018 International Conference on Managing Urban Cultural Heritage
Abstr. due: 01.03.2018
Dates: 01.10.18 — 04.10.18
Area Of Sciences: Technical sciences;
Organizing comittee e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizers: George Town World Heritage Incorporated
2018 marks the 10th anniversary of George Town and Malacca being inscribed as a World Heritage Site. In conjunction with this historical milestone, George Town World Heritage Incorporated is organising the International Conference on Managing Urban Cultural Heritage. The conference will be held from 1 to 4 October 2018 in the George Town UNESCO World Heritage Site, Penang, Malaysia.
Cities are historically culturally diverse centers for knowledge, innovation, and memory, and act as a reflection of a society’s identity. They are composed of interconnected layers of natural and cultural, tangible and intangible, international and local values, and are constantly evolving and adapting. The complex and dynamic nature of a city makes the management of a living urban heritage extra challenging, yet meaningful.
This conference aims to bring together stakeholders engaged in the development, conservation, and management of heritage cities. Members of national and local governments, universities and research centers, NGOs, the private sector, community groups, and civil society, are invited to share their successes and challenges in the following ten themes addressing urban heritage management.
- Affordability for the Local People
- Community Empowerment
- Degrees of Intervention in Conservation
- Disaster Risk Reduction and Urban Resilience
- Engaging Youth in Heritage
- Heritage Activism
- Innovative Heritage Programs
- Sustainable Tourism
- The Use of Technologies in Heritage Management
- Urban Archaeology
- To discuss management approaches and innovative strategies.
- To share creative and thought-provoking initiatives in all aspects of the management of urban heritage, including conservation, development, and education.
- To encourage dialogue among stakeholders of heritage cities from a variety of backgrounds.
- To build a network of site managers, professionals working in heritage cities, and decision makers.
Conference Web-Site: http://gtwhi.com.my/much.html
Similar conferences with close deadlines:
2019 2nd International Conference on Technological Advances of Sensors and Instrumentation(ICTASI 2019)Theses applying till 24.10.19, Shenzhen, China
IV Международная научно-практическая конференция "Фундаментальные основы механики"Theses applying till 25.10.19, Новокузнецк