Modern Network Technologies, MoNeTec - 2018
Country: Russian Federation
Abstr. due: 20.07.2018
Dates: 25.10.18 — 26.10.18
Area Of Sciences: Computer science;
Organizing comittee e-mail: email@example.com
Organizers: Applied Research Center for Computer Network (ARCCN)
Conference fees and accomodation: to be defined
The 2nd International Science and Technology Conference «Modern Network Technologies, MoNeTec - 2018» gathers representatives of the international scientific community, research departments of corporations, start-ups, representatives of industry and business, development institutions, and public authorities to discuss promising and relevant technologies in the field of computer networks, virtualization of network resources, and cloud computing.
SDN (Software-Defined Networking) and NFV (Network Function Virtualization) are key technologies used to build modern computer networks and information infrastructures in general. Now, these technologies are used in practice in the World, including Russia. Nevertheless, many problems for research, development and practical application still remain.
The Conference organized on the basis of the Consortium of Universities "SDN in the scientific and educational environment" is to be held in Moscow. It is expected that many foreign specialists in the field of SDN and NFV will take part in the Conference. A special demo zone will also be organized to show the practical solutions.
The Conference will also include the School for young scientists, senior students and postgraduates on the application of Russian solutions on the basis of SDN and NFV. It will help to expand the professional circle of specialists capable of supporting and developing these technologies and solutions in the Russian Federation.
Issues of modern computer networks
- Algorithms, protocols and applications for wired and wireless communications.
- Software-Defined Network monitoring and analysis.
- SDN&NFV solutions architecture: effective network devices design (switches, routers), hardware network acceleration, distributed control plane, software-defined data plane.
- Theory of SDN&NFV technologies.
- Software-Defined infrastructure security.
- SDN architecture for telecoms and enterprise networks.
- Architectures for SDN control plane.
- Optimized data transmission (transport protocols, route management, load balancing).
- Control plane programming (libraries and applications) and customization of control plane, programmable control plane.
- Novel offload and acceleration techniques to support SDN operations (e.g. using smart NICs, switch dev, FPGA and kernel or network stack bypass).
- Performance and reliability issues, Service Level Agreement and QoS guarantees in the network layer.
Service virtualization in SDN networks
- Network function virtualization infrastructures.
- Virtual services management in SDN networks.
- Management and orchestration of virtualized services in SDN.
- SDN&NFV in control of traffic processing stream: dynamic service chaining, orchestration policies, machine learning algorithms for service adaptation and state monitoring, reliability and automatic recovery issues etc.
- Architectures, methods and tools for dynamic deployment of network services.
Application of modern network technologies
- SDN&NFV use-cases (SD-Wan, IoT, Smart cities, home, wireless, cellular, enterprise, data-center, backbone, and content distribution networks etc.).
- Modern network technologies in real-time systems.
Issues of cloud computations
- Cloud computation architecture.
- SDN solutions for Cloud computations (SDN in DC, inter-DC SDN).
- Management and orchestration of cloud computations.
- Cloud computations security.
- Performance, scalability and reliability in cloud computing.
- Cloud computing in the heterogeneous environment based on micro data centers.
Application of cloud computing
- Cloud computing: application and best practices.
- Cloud computations as-a-service.
- Cloud computing and bigdata.
- Cloud computing economics. New economic models and environments based on SDN&NFV.
The conference paper should present an original research result, which is not published before. The detailed requirements to papers and submission procedure will be published on the Conference site. Papers should be submitted through EasyChair system, the link will appear on the Conference site soon. The paper should not exceed 7 pages. Papers should follow the IEEE A4 template: http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html .
1. Abstracts due June 15, 2018.
2. Full papers due July 01, 2018.
3. Review results due September 1, 2018.
4. Camera Ready Copy due September 15, 2018.
5. Conference dates are October, 25-26.
Chair - Smelyansky R.L., RAS corr. Member, Professor at Moscow State University.
Co-Chair - Kuleshov A.P., President and Professor at Skoltech, Academician of RAS.
Co-Chair – Sobolevsky A.N., Director of the Kharkevich Institute for Information Transmission Problems.
The list of Program Commettee members is available on the Conference site at http://monetec.ru/en#program_committee .
Conference Web-Site: http://monetec.ru/en
Similar conferences with close deadlines:
ХII Международная конференция «Инновации и закономерность развития технических и естественных наук»Theses applying till 19.09.20, Ванкувер