FINO Graduate Conference in History of Philosophy
Abstr. due: 15.06.2018
Dates: 17.09.18 — 18.09.18
Area Of Sciences: Philosophy;
Organizing comittee e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizers: North-Western Italian Philosophy Consortium
The History of Philosophy curriculum of the North-Western Italian Philosophy Consortium (FINO) and the Collegio Giasone del Maino di Pavia are pleased to announce the 5th International Graduate Conference in History of Philosophy.
The topic of the 2018 edition is Humans and Nature.
- Sabrina Ebbersmeyer (University of Copenhagen)
- Ann Thomson (European University Institute, Florence)
- Stéphane Toussaint (CNRS-LEM-PSL, Paris).
Submission abstracts deadline: 15 June 2018
Submissions are invited that engage with the philosophical question of naturalism, in particular with the attempts, and refusals of a naturalistic explanation of the human realm from antiquity to the mid 19th-Century. Both the metaphysical and the methodological meaning of naturalism will be taken into account; special attention will be paid to its materialistic developments, to the criticisms of supernaturalistic issues, and of teleological investigations.
Please send the following to email@example.com in .doc(x), .rtf, or .pdf format:
(1) A cover letter containing the following information: (a) author’s name (b) institutional affiliation, (c) contact information, (d) title of the paper.
(2) The title and a detailed abstract (in English or French, one page in length) of the paper. This should be prepared for blind refereeing, i.e. showing no information identifying the author or the author’s institutional affiliation.
Participants will be offered accommodation in the Collegio Giasone del Maino in Pavia (via Luino, 4). Travel expenses cannot be covered. No registration fees are required.
Conference Web-Site: https://philevents.org/event/show/40770
Similar conferences with close deadlines:
2018 International Conference on Future Learning (ICFL 2018)Theses applying till 25.10.18, Barcelona
Конференция с международным участием, посвященная 75-летию со дня рождения профессора Д. В. Пивоварова «Синтетическая парадигма: наука, философия, религиоведение»Theses applying till 26.10.18, Екатеринбург
Georgia Philosophical Society 2019 MeetingTheses applying till 29.10.18, Macon