II International Conference - Mental Health: global challenges of XXI century
Abstr. due: 15.07.2018
Dates: 25.10.18 — 26.10.18
Area Of Sciences: Psychology;
Organizing comittee e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizers: Kyiv Institute of Modern Psychology and Psychotherapy
Nowadays many problems of mental health сare (MHC) become global. According to the World Health Organization, mental and behavioral disorders are extremely common and affect up to 25% of all people in different periods of their lives. The WHO notes that in the future, given the aging population and worsening social problems, the number of cases will increase considerably. Simultaneously, each country in the world faces socio-psychological and economic hindrances to development of a more efficient MHC system. This situation calls for joint efforts that will allow us to find better solutions to these urgent problems.
- to attract attention of researchers and policy-makers to urgent problems of MHC
- to provide a platform for exchange of ideas and development of academic and non-academic network of MHC researchers, practitioners and policy-makers
- to promote high quality research on MH in developing countries and countries in transition
- to investigate solutions of specific issues of MHC in transdisciplinary and multicultural aspects
We seek to answer various questions including (but not limited to) the following:
- MHC systems in the context of global social challenges: How global social challenges affect and press everyone? What is the contemporary specificity of pressing social problems on mental health of persons through reference to their social and cultural dimensions? Which are potential solutions to contemporary social challenges in relation to the MHC development?
- Mental health and migration: What challenges migration creates for mental health specialist? What migration policy makers must know about mental health? Why mental health matters in problems of migration?
- Mental health in times of military conflicts: Why should we care about mental health of those who have experienced a military conflict? What is the practice of treating post-war psychological traumatism?
- Mental health at work place: Why is the corporate culture important for psychological health of employees? Burn-out problem: a new trend or an old but well-masked problem? What are challenges and opportunities of a multicultural environment?
- Specific issues of MHC: child neuropsychiatry; support of disabled people, elderly age people; MHC in rural areas; addictive behavior
- Higher Education and MHC: Research and Innovations: What are the potential implications and limitations of the notion of “mental health care” in relation to Higher Education practices?
- Interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary approaches in MHC: What are the benefits and drawbacks of multidisciplinarity, interdisciplinarity and transdisciplinarity in mental health research and services?
- Partnership Building for European Projects in the field of Mental Health
- Other: we are open to consider your suggestions of topics and questions for discussions during this conference
Medicine, Social Sciences, Education, Economics, Law, Inter- and Transdisciplinary studies
Conference Web-Site: https://www.mhgc21.org/
Similar conferences with close deadlines:
XV международная заочная научно-практическая конференция «Педагогика и психология в современном мире: теоретические и практические исследования»Theses applying till 28.09.18, Москва
II Региональная научно-практическая конференции «Актуальные проблемы профилактики аддиктивного поведения»Theses applying till 01.10.18, Таганрог
40th Annual National Institute on the Teaching of PsychologyTheses applying till 01.10.18, St. Pete Beach