Specialised Discourse and Multimedia: Linguistic features and translation issues
Abstr. due: 31.07.2018
Dates: 14.02.19 — 16.02.19
Area Of Sciences: Humanities;
Organizing comittee e-mail: francesca.bianchi [at] unisalento.it
Organizers: The Unisalento Summer School of Audiovisual Translation and the Department of Humanities of the University of Salento
This conference focusses on scientific and technical discourse and the ways in which it appears in or is shaped by multimedia products. The key-issues of the conference include (but are by no means limited to) the following:
- New multimodal or multimedia forms of specialised discourse (in institutional, academic, technical, scientific, social or popular settings)
- Linguistic features of specialised discourse in multimodal or multimedia genres
- The popularisation of specialised knowledge in multimodal or multimedia genres
- The impact of multimodality and multimediality on the construction of scientific and technical discourse
- The impact of multimodality/multimediality in the practice and teaching of interpreting
- The impact of multimodality/multimediality in the practice and teaching of translation
- New multimedia modes of knowledge dissemination
- The translation/adaptation of scientific discourse in multimedia products: challenges and solutions
- Diatechnical transpositions of specialized discourse.
Analytical approaches based on synchronic, diachronic and/or contrastive, intralinguistic, interlinguistic and intercultural perspectives (including: translation; transcreation; simplification) are all equally welcome. Studies on one or more of the working languages of the conference are particularly appreciated.
The working languages of the conference are English, Italian, Spanish, French, Portuguese.
Presentations will be allotted 20 minutes, plus 10 minutes for discussion.
Conference Web-Site: https://www.facebook.com/specialisedDiscourseLecce/
Similar conferences with close deadlines:
V Международный симпозиум «Гуманитарные и общественные науки в Европе: достижения и перспективы»ITheses applying till 24.01.20, Нью-Йорк
Европейский журнал литературоведения и лингвистики. Номер 1/2020Theses applying till 30.01.20, Вена
MLA 2020 - Mobilizing Self-IndifferenceTheses applying till 13.03.20, Seattle