6th Workshop on Portuguese as a Second Language - Acquisition and Teaching
Abstr. due: 15.10.2018
Dates: 18.06.19 — 19.01.19
Organizing comittee e-mail: https://linguistlist.org/issues/29/29-3111.html
Organizers: The Linguistics Research Centre of NOVA University of Lisbon (CLUNL)
The Linguistics Research Centre of NOVA University of Lisbon (CLUNL) is inviting submissions for the 6th Workshop on Portuguese as a Second Language - Acquisition and Teaching, which will be held at NOVA FCSH (Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities) on 18-19 January 2019. Submissions are expected to focus on different aspects of the acquisition and learning of Portuguese as a second language (PL2), and/or their links with language teaching.
This event is organised by the LiFE Research Group (Formal and Experimental Linguistics) of CLUNL, with the support of the following institutions: Linguistics Research Centre of the University of Porto (CLUP), Linguistics Research Centre of the University of Lisbon (CLUL), Centre for Humanistic Studies of the University of Minho (CEHUM) and Centre for Studies of General and Applied Linguistics (CELGA-ILTEC).
Of particular interest are questions such as the following:
(1) How are properties from different linguistic domains (lexicon, phonology, morphosyntax, discourse, etc.) acquired in PL2 and how do they develop?
(2) Which factors influence the acquisition and development of PL2 (the learner' L1, age, knowledge of other foreign languages, social and cultural factors, etc.)?
(3) How can a better understanding of the process of PL2 acquisition contribute to the development of more effective teaching strategies and materials?
(4) How does explicit teaching influence the process of PL2 acquisition and development?
(5) How can the teaching of Portuguese be adapted to different target groups according to age, learning context (e.g. official language, foreign language, heritage language), etc.?
(6) What are the linguistic correlates of each proficiency level in Portuguese?
(7) What are the most effective tools for proficiency assessment in PL2?
Abstracts in Portuguese, Spanish, French or English are invited for oral or poster presentations. Oral presentations have a 20-minute duration, followed by 10 minutes for discussion. Authors are asked to send abstracts by e-mail, as pdf and word attachments, to jornadas.ple6fcsh.unl.pt. The abstract should be anonymous and should be no longer than one page in length, excluding examples and references, with 2.5 cm margins, in 12-point Times, single-spaced. The title of the paper, name and affiliation of the author(s) and e-mail address of the corresponding author should be included in the e-mail message. Abstracts should arrive no later than 15 October 2018. Speakers will be notified of the results of their abstract review by 15 November 2018.
Conference Web-Site: https://linguistlist.org/issues/29/29-3111.html