Conference "The journalistic text in a new technological environment: achievements and problems"
Country: Russian Federation
Abstr. due: 31.10.2018
Dates: 28.03.19 — 29.03.19
Address: Br.Kashirinykh, 129
Organizing comittee e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizers: Chelyabinsk State University
During the conference, we plan to discuss a wide range of issues related to the impact of technological production conditions and the distribution of journalistic materials with respect to different aspects of journalistic creativity. The Organizing Committee plans to unite researchers who devote their works to the technical and technological aspects of massmedia development, and scholars studying the threats and risks of new technological conditions in the field of professional journalism. The main task of the conference is to find out the points for overcoming the negative consequences of accelerated technological development of the industry, to remove or alleviate the contradictions that arise in the field of modern training and professionalization of journalists, to clarify the problem areas for development and promising areas for improving journalism as a social institution and considered as an actor of the modern information society. Thus, we propose two circles of topics, keeping in mind that the problem field of the conference, of course, goes beyond them.
- Journalism and Internet platforms:
- Using the capabilities of Internet platforms (for ex., Google, Facebook, other social networks, etc.) in the work of editors and journalists.
- Distribution of journalistic content in the Internet space.
- Tools and techniques of online journalism.
- “New urban media” and the features of their development in the Internet environment.
- New projects in the field of online journalism and their specific nature.
- Bot-journalism development in the industry: automation of routine tasks.
- “Augmented reality” in journalism: current state of technologies and prospects for development.
- Online journalism under the pressure of technologies:
- Fake news and post-truth effects in terms of the technological capabilities of modern communication.
- Clickbait, sponsored content, content theft and other negative phenomena in the field of creating unique texts in an online environment.
- Publication speed as a challenge: the problem of verification and fact checking; fact checking as the commercialization of fear of being deceived and the risks of developing fact checking resources.
- Amateur journalism: deprofessionalization in the field of creating news and analytical content as a challenge to the industry of journalism.
- Automation, robotization, artificial intelligence, search engines: “imposed rationality” of communication and societal risks of “robotic journalism”.
Experts in the field of journalism and mass communications, advertising and PR, sociologists, culturologists, philosophers, teachers, philologists, anthropologists, representatives of technical specialties, researchers of the Internet field, programmers and all those interested in discussing the outlined problems are invited to participate in the conference. The Organizing Committee hopes that practicing journalists and experts in the field of online technologies will participate this conference.
The Organizing Committee does not discriminate on the basis of age, scientific regalia, institutional affiliation and employment of the conference participants. The only criteria for participation is a good-quality application that will be reviewed and approved by independent reviewers. Therefore, we ask you to pay special attention to the abstract of your presentation in the form.
The conference materials chosen by the organizing committee are planned to be placed on the Web of Science platform (negotiations with publishers are currently underway, the conditions and the order of publication will be specified in our next circular information letter after applications deadline).
Conference Web-Site: https://pmmis.jimdo.com/eng/