235th ECS Meeting Topic Close-up: Processes at the Semiconductor Solution Interface 8
Abstr. due: 14.12.2018
Dates: 26.05.19 — 31.05.19
Organizing comittee e-mail: https://www.electrochem.org/redcat-blog/235th-ecs-meeting-topic-close-up-processes-at-the-semiconduc
Organizers: THE ELECTROCHEMICAL SOCIETY
Symposium Focus: This symposium will address the most recent developments in processes at the semiconductor/solution interface including etching, oxidation, passivation, film growth, electrochemical and photoelectrochemical processes, water splitting, electrochemical surface science, electroluminescence, photoluminescence, surface texturing, and compound semiconductor electrodeposition, for photovoltaics, energy conversion, and related topics. It will include both invited and contributed papers on both fundamental and applied topics of both bulk and nanoscale materials.
The following areas are of particular interest:
- Chemical, electrochemical and photoelectrochemical etching and surface texturing of III-V, II-VI and oxide semiconductors;
- Surface film growth, multilayer deposition, and surface passivation;
- Porous semiconductor formation;
- Electroanalytical measurements on both elemental and compound semiconductors including silicon, germanium, both bulk and epitaxial II-VI, III-V, IV-IV and organic materials in aqueous and non-aqueous electrolytes;
- Electronic and optical processes at the semiconductor/solution interface;
- Electroluminescence at the semiconductor/solution interface;
- Photoluminescence spectroscopy including in situ potential-dependent measurements;
- Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy and investigations of flat-band potential;
- Combined electrochemical and surface analytical and spectroscopic measurements;
- Microscopic and surface analytical measurements on chemically and electrochemically modified semiconductor surfaces;
- Chemical, electrochemical and photoelectrochemical techniques of device processing including etching, passivation, oxide growth and metallization;
- Electrochemical techniques of semiconductor characterization.
- Nanoscale electrochemical devices.
- Electrochemical analytical techniques for semiconductor analysis and processing.
- New developments in semiconductors, and oxide coated electrodes and material systems for water oxidation/splitting, and all methods of analysis and characterization.
Invited Speakers and Best Paper Award: Invited speakers will span the primary areas at modern semiconductor-solution interface electrochemical, physics, analytics and technologies. The symposium will also host a Best Paper Award for a presenting student, with details of the award published in the Society’s Interface quarterly magazine and on the ECS Blog and website.