ICCS19: 24th International Conference on Conceptual Structures
Abstr. due: 07.12.2018
Dates: 01.07.19 — 04.07.19
Area Of Sciences: Technical sciences;
Organizing comittee e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizers: Marburg University
The International Conferences on Conceptual Structures (ICCS) focus on the formal analysis and representation of conceptual knowledge, at the crossroads of artificial intelligence, human cognition, computational linguistics, and related areas of computer science and cognitive science. The ICCS conferences evolved from a series of seven annual workshops on conceptual graphs, starting with an informal gathering hosted by John F. Sowa in 1986. Recently, graph-based knowledge representation and reasoning (KRR) paradigms are getting more and more attention. With the rise of quasi-autonomous AI, graph-based representations provide a vehicle for making machine cognition explicit to its human users. Conversely, graphical and graph-based models can provide a rigorous way of expressing intuitive notions in computable frameworks. The aim of the ICCS 2019 conference is to build upon its long standing expertise in graph-based KRR and focus on providing modelling, formal and application results of graph-based systems.
The conference welcomes contributions from a modelling, application and theoretical viewpoint:
- Modelling results will investigate concrete real world needs for graph-based representation, for example (but not limited to) how human cognition can be mapped onto and facilitated by graphical representations, how certain use cases are of interest to the graph community, how using graphs can bring added (business) value, what kind of graph representation is needed for a given case, etc.
- Papers reporting on application experience will be expected to demonstrate the benefits of the graph-based proposed solutions in the context of the use case studied. Where appropriate, the graph-based solutions are compared to other possible solutions.
- Technical results will include fundamental graph theory based results for novel structures for representation, extensions of existing structures for added expressivity, conciseness, optimisation algorithms for reasoning, reasoning explanation, etc.
The main research topics are:
- Graph-based models and tools for human reasoning,
- Existential and Conceptual Graphs,
- Formal Concept Analysis,
- Philosophical, neural, and didactic investigations of conceptual, graphical representations,
- Knowledge architecture and management,
- Human and machine reasoning under inconsistency,
- Human and machine knowledge representation and uncertainty,
- Contextual logic,
- Constraint satisfaction,
- Decision making and Argumentation,
- Semantic Web, Web of Data, Web 2.0,
- Social network analysis,
- Conceptual knowledge acquisition,
- Data and Text mining,
- Conceptual structures in natural language processing and linguistics,
- Metaphoric, cultural or semiotic considerations,
- Resource allocation and agreement technologies.
Conference Web-Site: https://iccs-conference.org/
Similar conferences with close deadlines:
Европейское научное обозрение. Выпуск №11-12/2020Theses applying till 30.12.20, Вена