Corpus Approaches to Lexicogrammar
Country: United Kingdom
Abstr. due: 17.02.2019
Dates: 22.06.19 — 22.06.19
Area Of Sciences: Humanities;
Organizing comittee e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizers: Department of English, History & Creative Writing
The focus of LxGr is the interaction of lexis and grammar. The focus is influenced by Halliday’s view of lexis and grammar as “complementary perspectives” (1991: 32), and his conception of the two as notional ends of a continuum (lexicogrammar), in that “if you interrogate the system grammatically you will get grammar-like answers and if you interrogate it lexically you get lexis-like answers” (1992: 64).
LxGr primarily welcomes papers reporting on corpus-based research on any aspect of the interaction of lexis and grammar. However, position papers discussing theoretical or methodological issues are also welcome, as long as they are relevant to both lexicogrammar and corpus linguistics. LxGr is particularly interested in studies that interrogate the system lexicogrammatically to get lexicogrammatical answers. More specifically, studies may …
- focus more on the lexis or grammar end of the continuum, or adopt an integrative approach.
- discuss different interpretations of the nature of lexicogrammar.
- operate within any theoretical approach that takes into account the interaction of lexis and grammar; e.g. Construction Grammar, Lexical Grammar, Pattern Grammar, Systemic Functional Grammar, Valency Grammar.
- discuss empirical findings in need of theoretical interpretation.
- adopt a synchronic or diachronic approach.
- examine any language, or compare different languages.
- examine L1 and/or L2 use.
- discuss the implications of the findings of corpus-based lexicogrammatical research for applied linguistics (e.g. forensic linguistics, lexicography, language acquisition, language processing, language teaching, language testing & assessment, translation, sociolinguistics, discourse studies).
- report on the development of relevant resources for research and/or applications (e.g. language teaching, translation).
Similar conferences with close deadlines:
2019 2nd International Conference on Bioinformatics and Neurosciences(ICoBN 2019) Theses applying till 30.06.19, Vancouver, Canada
IV Международный симпозиум «Гуманитарные и общественные науки в Европе: достижения и перспективы»ITheses applying till 24.07.19, Нью-Йорк
Европейский журнал литературоведения и лингвистики. Номер 3/2019Theses applying till 30.07.19, Вена