ITQW2019: Infrared Terahertz Quantum Workshop
Abstr. due: 15.04.2019
Dates: 15.09.19 — 20.09.19
Area Of Sciences: Physics and math;
Organizing comittee e-mail: email@example.com
Organizers: International Committee
ITQW (Infrared Terahertz Quantum Workshop) is a workshop-style conference that aims to bring together academic, government, and industry scientists in an intimate venue to encourage close interaction and collaboration. The conference will feature a mixture of oral presentations, poster sessions, invited and tutorial presentations.
The theme of the conference is broadly defined as the exploration of novel physical phenomena in quantum- and electromagnetically-engineered photonic materials in the infrared and terahertz frequency range and the exploitation of these phenomena to create novel optoelectronic devices and applications. The infrared and terahertz frequency range is particularly interesting for realizing practical devices based on these design principles owing to relaxed fabrication tolerances, low loss of metals, controllable plasmonic and nonlinear optical properties of semiconductors and 2D materials, and our ability to engineer intersubband transitions in semiconductor heterostructures.
Physics of intersubband related low-dimensional systems
- Physics of intersubband transitions and scattering mechanisms
- Numerical modeling of intersubband devices
Mid-infrared and THz Sources and Detectors
- Quantum cascade lasers, interband cascade lasers, diode lasers, nonlinear generation, frequency combs in the mid-infrared and THz spectral regions
- Quantum well infrared photodetectors (QWIPs), quantum-dot infrared photodetectors (QDIPs), quantum cascade detectors, type-II superlattice detectors, phase sensitive detection, single photon devices, other novel detectors operating in the mid-infrared and THz spectral regions
- Heterodyne detection, novel detection schemes (plasmonic, 2D materials, antenna-coupled, nanodetectors)
- Sources and detectors employing novel principles (metamaterial lasers, parity-time symmetric laser systems, and others)
Collective effects in 2D systems Strong and Ultra-strong coupling
- Intersubband polaritons, ultrastrong light-matter coupling in intersubband systems, polariton lasers and condensates, intersubband plasmons.
- Mid-infrared and THz plasmonics, metamaterials, metasurfaces, and engineered electromagnetic structures, particularly as coupled to low-dimensional quantum systems.
- Superradiant emission, Landau quantification, high B-field physics.
Mid-infrared and THz Materials
- III-V semiconductors including III-Nitrides and III-Sb
- Two-dimensional materials (graphene, MoS2, Black Phosphorus, etc.),
- Novel material systems (wide bandgap, SiGe, II-VI, Si/Ge photonics for QC devices)
- Zero-D and 1-D low dimensional structures (quantum dots, boxes, nanowires)
- Photonic topological insulators, metamaterials and metasurfaces, and other mesoscopic mid-infrared and THz photonic materials (both active and passive).
Mid-infrared and THz Applications
- Spectroscopy (sensing, heterodyne receivers, time resolved spectroscopy with QCLs)
- Imaging (detector arrays, infrared and THz imaging, QCL-based active imaging, novel mechanisms, sub-wavelength imaging)
- Communications (free-space laser communication, THz communications)
- Frequency metrology (QCL frequency combs, laser stabilization, ultrafast laser characterization)
Conference Web-Site: http://www.itqw2019.com/
Similar conferences with close deadlines:
2019 8th International Conference on Engineering and Innovative Materials (ICEIM 2019)Theses applying till 25.05.19, Tokyo
2019 4th International Conference on Functional Materials and Steel (ICFMS 2019)Theses applying till 25.05.19, Tokyo
2019 8th International Workshops on Database and Data Mining (ICDDM 2019)Theses applying till 25.05.19, Xiamen