Multiverse Science Fiction and Fantasy Convention (Multiverse Science Fiction and Fantasy Convention) 2019 Conference
Abstr. due: 31.05.2019
Dates: 18.10.19 — 20.10.19
Area Of Sciences: Humanities;
Organizing comittee e-mail: Learn@multiversecon.org
Organizers: Multiverse Science Fiction and Fantasy Convention
CONVENTION THEME: Multiverse Science Fiction and Fantasy Convention was formed from our belief that great stories don’t only come from the books and comics we love to read. Each fan is their own universe as well, with their own unique story to tell. Added together, these infinite stories create the Multiverse of modern fandom.
This Multiverse also informs the creation of works of speculative fiction; stories in the speculative fiction field encompass every imaginable academic discipline. In this light, we seek to create a multidisciplinary academic program that will showcase the innumerable ways speculative fiction is inspired by various disciplines.
Multiverse Science Fiction and Fantasy Convention is seeking academic presentations of 15, 25, and (a limited number) 45 minutes in length for the 2019 convention. While we require presentations to reflect rigorous academic scholarship, we are not requesting conference paper readings. Presentations only, please.
We are seeking presentations that approach an academic topic in a way that non-academic audiences will find accessible and entertaining. Ideally, presentations will incorporate a core theme or topic of interest to speculative fiction fans.
Example topics may include, but are not limited to:
· An interesting historical event that garners immense speculation. What really happened?
· A comparison between modern governments and dystopian societies
· The application of a sociological lens in examining a popular speculative fiction TV show or movie
· From a scientific angle, could one of the monsters from horror tropes really exist?
· How might the fantasy elements of speculative fiction lend themselves to child development in teaching various lessons?
· A chemistry presentation that teaches children how to create spider webbing
· A presentation on new, emerging technologies or scientific breakthroughs (e.g., artificial intelligence, biotech, space travel, etc.)
Presentations on specific authors, works of fiction, or genres within speculative fiction are also welcome. Of particular interest are presentations on the works of any of our Guests of Honor: authors Seanan McGuire and Cat Rambo and artist John Picacio.
Please note: we would like to include at least one presentation per convention day that fits our theme and is targeted to a child/family friendly audience, so please submit those presentation proposals, as well.
Please provide the following in your submission:
· 300-500 word abstract
· Preliminary bibliography
· Length of presentation (15, 25, or 45-minute category)
· 50-word biography (should reflect academic credentials)
· Any required props or specialized A/V equipment
· Do you have any special accommodations or additional requests we should be aware of?
· What are your preferred pronouns?
Conference Web-Site: https://www.multiversecon.org/
Similar conferences with close deadlines:
Европейский журнал литературоведения и лингвистики. Номер 4/2019Theses applying till 30.10.19, Вена
IV международная научно-практическая конференция "Классическая и современная литература: преемственность и перспективы обновления"Theses applying till 02.11.19, Прага
Международная научно-практическая конференция: "От истоков к русистике 21 века"Theses applying till 20.11.19, Tiraspol