International GEWEX/GASS/LS4P and TPEMIP Regional Modeling & Aerosol in Snow Workshop
Abstr. due: 01.07.2019
Dates: 07.07.19 — 09.07.19
Area Of Sciences: Geography;
Organizing comittee e-mail: email@example.com
Organizers: The workshop is organized and sponsored by: GEWEX/Global Atmospheric System Study (GASS) Third Pole Environment (TPE) University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) Nanjing University
After the productive and successful LS4P workshop at the 2018 AGU Fall Meeting, this follow-up workshop will focus on regional climate modeling (RCM) intercomparison and the effect of light-absorbing particles in the snow (LAPS). Workshop presentations will cover:
- The available field and satellite measurements and reanalyses data in the Third Pole (TP) regions.
- Assessments of Regional Climate Model (RCM) downscaling ability in the TP region to realistically producing the TP climate pattern and surface water and energy balances and identify possible causes for model biases.
- The possibility and added value in using the RCM for land surface temperature/subsurface temperature (LST/SUBT) remote effect study.
- The sources of LAPS in TP and its spatial and temporal variability.
- LAPS impact on snow, LST/SUBT, surface hydrology, and subseasonal to seasonal (S2S) prediction.
- Other subjects that are related to the LS4P project.
The workshop will also consist of sub-group discussions on the next stage’s TPEMIP RCM and LAPS experiments from July 8 to noon July 9, at which time the workshop will be concluded.