Accepting Abstracts for the 2019 Safety and Cultural Heritage Summit: Preserving Our Heritage and Protecting Our Health
Abstr. due: 01.08.2019
Dates: 30.10.19 — 30.10.19
Organizing comittee e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizers: The Washington Conservation Guild, the Potomac Section of the American Industrial Hygiene Association, the Smithsonian Institution’s Office of Safety, Health and Environmental Management, and the Smithsonian National Collection Program
We are now accepting abstracts focusing on controlling health and safety risks from preparing, treating, managing, and exhibiting artistic, historic, and natural science collections as well as abating structural hazards and responding to disasters impacting collections. We welcome case studies and encourage joint presentations by conservators, collections care professionals, AND health & safety professionals!
Previous Summit topics can be found here: 2018 Summit Program Abstracts. Other examples include:
• Safety challenges in gallery exhibit installation,
• Exposure assessments and remediation of unique hazards in museum collections,
• Hazardous material abatement in historic houses,
• Risks posed by conservation treatments and safe work policies for conservation laboratories,
• Preparedness and emergency response in collections.