City: Gold Coast, Queensland
Abstr. due: 15.11.2019
Dates: 21.06.20 — 25.06.20
Organizing comittee e-mail: http://www.ecosummitcongress.com/submit-abstract.asp
Organizers: Elsevier Conferences
EcoSummit 2020 is marking a milestone in sustainability. Many agendas, reforms, bills and actions were focused on this date. Have the sustainability milestone been achieved? What will the future hold for sustainability?
EcoSummit 2020 aims to find solutions for pressing problems through the creative and outstanding input of its participants.
EcoSummit 2020 will be structured around symposia, sessions, workshops and forums to unite attendees in presenting, assessing and developing research and strategies dealing with pressing problems. From these events we would like to establish deliverables in the form of session reports and new ideas for policy makers and stakeholders.
The EcoSummit 2020 Scientific Committee invites submissions of symposium proposals and side events.
Following the conference theme BUILDING A SUSTAINABLE AND DESIRABLE FUTURE, the Scientific Committee is developing a program that will highlight the advances and research made to address the current environmental problems facing our changing world. A focus will be on the sustainable solutions to the most pressing problems of our time.
Sessions and side events will be considered that address one or more of the conference topics:
- Coastal development and engineering
- Coral reef stressors
- Coastal Conservation
- Fisheries and Aquacultures
- Coastal marine habitats
- Marine Ecology
- Rivers, catchments and wetlands
- Sea level rise and ocean warming
- Pacific Island Resilience
- Ecosystem services
- Environmental policies and frameworks
- Citizen Science and local actors (NGOs)
- Aboriginal rights and land use
- Ecosystem creation and restoration
- Ecological economics
- Biological invasions
- Anthropogenic pressure
- Sustainability and resilience
- Integrating socio-economics and ecology
- Climate adaptation and mitigation
- Fragile ecosystems and hotspot management
- Ecosystem health
- Ecological indicators
- Ecological Modelling
- Biodiversity and biological conservation
- Disturbance ecology
- Ecological complexity
- Scaling from genomes to ecosystems
- Innovative technology for ecological sustainability
- Deep-sea as new frontier
Who may submit a symposium or side event proposal?
All who share an interest in ecological science, applications, or practice are invited to submit symposium or side event proposals. We encourage proposals from scientists at all levels, university students, NGOs, and environmental practitioners.
Conference Web-Site: http://www.ecosummitcongress.com/