IX International Symposium on Intercultural, Cognitive and Social Pragmatics - EPICS IX
Abstr. due: 01.12.2019
Dates: 06.05.20 — 08.05.20
Area Of Sciences: Humanities;
Organizing comittee e-mail: epics AT upo.es
Organizers: Faculty of Humanities of Pablo de Olavide University
EPICS IX is an International Conference dedicated to analysing and discussing possible (new) interactions between intercultural, cognitive and social approaches in pragmatics with a view to looking into communication in the 21st century. In line with this, the conference theme will be “Communication in the 21st Century: Intercultural, Cognitive and Social Pragmatics”.
Topics for presentations may be, but are not limited to:
* New or recent interactions between different frameworks or approaches in pragmatics.
* Sociocultural and cognitive factors affecting production and comprehension of language/discourse in face-to-face or mediated (by telephone, computer, etc.) communication in a variety of genres (included social networks like Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and settings (classroom, parliaments, service encounters, etc.).
* Impact of culture and context on pragmatic processes in comprehension.
* New developments, interactions or challenges in pragmatic analyses of:
- Morphology, lexicon, syntax and/or prosody.
- Procedural meaning.
- Types of discourse (professional, academic, political, religious, humorous, etc.).
- (Im)Politeness and relational work in diverse settings and communication modes.
- Language aggression and conflict.
- Expression and processing of emotions.
- Projection and understanding of identity.
- Figures of speech (irony, metaphor, hyperbole, etc.).
- Interlanguage pragmatic development.
- Translation and interpreting.
- Online vs. offline communication and discourse.
* Experimental testing.
* Instructional pragmatics and methodological proposals for pragmatics teaching.
Similar conferences with close deadlines:
MLA 2020 - Mobilizing Self-IndifferenceTheses applying till 13.03.20, Seattle
Европейский журнал литературоведения и лингвистики. Номер 2/2020Theses applying till 30.04.20, Вена