41st Conference of the Portuguese Association for Anglo-American Studies
Abstr. due: 20.01.2020
Dates: 26.03.20 — 28.03.20
Organizing comittee e-mail: email@example.com
Organizers: The Department of Languages and Cultures at the University of Aveiro
The Department of Languages and Cultures at the University of Aveiro is very pleased to announce the 41st Conference of the Portuguese Association for Anglo-American Studies, which will take place between 26 and 28 March 2020.
Proposals for papers, panels and roundtables are welcome on a wide range of topics that fall within the field of English Studies (literary and cultural studies, postcolonial studies, performance, film and theatre studies, gender and sexuality studies, translation studies, linguistics, language teaching and methodology).
Although the conference programme will take into consideration a plethora of themes and issues anchored in the domain of English Studies, the conference invites proposals imbued with the spirit of the 1920s and the 2020s – inaugural decades launching a series of social, economic, cultural, scientific, artistic and literary changes shaping the world.
- ‘The Lost Generation’: Ernest Hemingway, Gertrude Stein, F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The (Post)Suffragette Struggle for Women’s Rights
- The modernist novel and modernist poetry: Virginia Woolf, William Faulkner, James Joyce, Henry James, T. S. Eliot, and Ezra Pound
- New Woman Fiction
- The Bloomsbury Group
- Eugenics and the resurgence of the Ku Klux Klan
- The Immigration Acts of 1917-1924 in the USA
- Prohibition: The Progressive Era
- Race, Class and Gender
- The Influence of Psychoanalysis
- Social Darwinism
- Brexit and Ireland: Could the Troubles return?
- The Post-Brexit Imagination
- Post-Brexit Literature
- The Era of “Make America Great Again”
Conference Web-Site: http://apeaameetingaveiro2020.web.ua.pt/