2020 Meeting of Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections (SPNHC) and the International Council of Museums Committee for Museums and Collections of Natural History (ICOM NATHIST)
Country: United Kingdom
Abstr. due: 14.02.2020
Dates: 07.06.20 — 13.06.20
Organizing comittee e-mail: http://www.spnhc-icomnathist2020.com/contact/
Organizers: The joint meeting of the Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections (SPNHC) and the International Council of Museums Committee for Museums and Collections of Natural History (ICOM NATHIST)
RBGE and NMS are jointly hosting a conference from the 7th – 13th June 2020 of two major Natural History Collection organisations, SPNHC and ICOM NATHIST. Information relating to these organisations is provided below.
The conference will be held over several days and is expected to attract approximately 700 participants in total. The main venue will be the McEwan Hall in the centre of Edinburgh, with Evening events held within NMS and RBGE.
Conference planning committee:
NMS: Sankurie Pye (Chair), Nick Fraser, Chanté St Clair Inglis
RBGE: Suzanne Cubey, Elspeth Haston, Rob Cubey
The additional organising committees comprises members of staff, students an volunteers from both RBGE and NMS.
The legacy for RBGE and NMS following the conference would include:
- Stronger collaboration between NMS and RBGE.
- NMS/RBGE recognition as ‘Centres of Excellence’ for collections & research.
- Academic publications (including a special edition of a journal).
- Increased use of the collections (from an international perspective).
- Keeping up with advances in best practice in natural science collections.
- Information gathered on how to make processes relating to collections more environmentally sustainable.
- Building relationships with key partners and sponsors.
Conference Web-Site: http://www.spnhc-icomnathist2020.com/