11th ECB Conference on Forecasting Techniques Macroeconomic forecasting: avenues for the next 20 years
City: Frankfurt am Main
Abstr. due: 19.02.2020
Dates: 08.06.20 — 09.06.20
Area Of Sciences: Economics and management;
Organizing comittee e-mail: email@example.com
Organizers: European Central Bank
This biennial conference provides a forum for new theoretical and applied work on forecasting. For more than a decade the world economy has operated under high economic, financial and – more recently – also political risks. Macroeconomic forecasting in such an environment has to be able to cope with high uncertainty, nonlinearities and structural breaks.
This conference will bring together experts from different fields to exchange new ideas on macroeconomic and financial forecasting when uncertainty is high. It will look for ways to put new insights from econometric and statistical theory into practice, especially in the current macroeconomic environment. We particularly encourage submissions on the following topics:
- uncertainty and the economic cycle;
- robust forecasting in the presence of nonlinearities and structural breaks;
- modelling and forecasting tail events;
- forecasting with dynamic panels and with large VARs;
- machine learning and scalable forecasting methods;
- forecasting inflation, real activity, and exchange rates;
- big and/or unstructured data and dimension reduction techniques.
The scope of the conference is not limited to the topics listed above and submissions from all areas of forecasting are welcome.
Similar conferences with close deadlines:
Европейский журнал экономических наук и управления. Номер 2/2020Theses applying till 30.04.20, Вена