5th Symposium on Corpus Approaches to Lexicogrammar
Country: United Kingdom
City: Ormskirk, United Kingdom
Abstr. due: 08.03.2020
Dates: 04.07.20 — 04.07.20
Area Of Sciences: Humanities;
Organizing comittee e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizers: Edge Hill University, UK
The focus of LxGr is the interaction of lexis and grammar, and it is influenced by (but not restricted to) Halliday’s view of lexis and grammar as “complementary perspectives” (1991: 32), and his conception of the two as notional ends of a continuum (lexicogrammar), in that “if you interrogate the system grammatically you will get grammar-like answers and if you interrogate it lexically you get lexis-like answers” (1992: 64).
LxGr primarily welcomes papers reporting on corpus-based research on any aspect of the interaction of lexis and grammar, and is particularly interested in studies that interrogate the system lexicogrammatically to get lexicogrammatical answers. However, position papers discussing theoretical or methodological issues are also welcome, as long as they are relevant to both lexicogrammar and corpus linguistics.
More specifically, studies can …
- focus more on the lexis or grammar end of the continuum, or adopt an integrative approach.
- discuss different interpretations of the nature of lexicogrammar.
- operate within any theoretical approach that takes into account the interaction of lexis and grammar (e.g. Construction Grammar, Lexical Grammar, Pattern Grammar, Systemic Functional Grammar, Valency Grammar).
- discuss empirical findings in need of theoretical interpretation.
- adopt a synchronic or diachronic approach.
- examine any language, or compare different languages.
- examine L1 and/or L2 use.
- discuss the implications of the findings of corpus-based lexicogrammatical research for applied linguistics (e.g. forensic linguistics, lexicography, language acquisition, language processing, language teaching, language testing and assessment, translation, sociolinguistics, discourse studies).
- report on the development of relevant resources for research and/or applications (e.g. language teaching, translation).
Similar conferences with close deadlines:
Европейский журнал литературоведения и лингвистики. Номер 4/2020Theses applying till 30.10.20, Вена
VII Международный симпозиум «Гуманитарные и общественные науки в Европе: достижения и перспективы»ITheses applying till 24.01.21, Вена