2020 Conference "Language and Culture in the Era of Scientific Knowledge and Professional Education Integration"
Country: Russian Federation
Abstr. due: 20.03.2020
Dates: 22.04.20 — 23.04.20
Organizing comittee e-mail: conference.iiyamt AT pgu.ru.
Organizers: The Institute of Foreign Languages and International Tourism (Pyatigorsk State University, the Russian Federation)
We are pleased to inform you that after two successful sessions of the International Conference “Language and Culture in the Era of Scientific Knowledge and Professional Education Integration” The Institute of Foreign Languages and International Tourism (Pyatigorsk State University, the Russian Federation) is proud to present the fourth edition of it.
The Conference is scheduled to be held from 22nd to the 23rd of April, 2020 at the Institute of Foreign Languages and International Tourism in Pyatigorsk State University. The main objective of the Conference is to unite scholars and foreign language teachers in their efforts to study theoretical and practical aspects of linguistics along with the issues of linguistic and cross-cultural education in the perspective of efficient professional training.
I, being the supervisor of the event, cordially invite you to come and join hands with us to make this event more worthy.
The Conference deliberations will be on the following themes:
1. Contemporary linguistics in the context of globalization:
- Language as a means of expressing ethnicity and cultural identity
- Issues of interpersonal and cross-cultural interaction under the impact of globalization
- Dynamics of migration and social tensions in linguistic perspective
2. Integration strategies in the development of foreign and domestic educational systems:
- Teaching foreign languages for specific purposes as a part international education programs
- Problems and prospects of inclusive higher education
3. Key tasks of pedagogical linguistics under the conditions of higher education professionalization:
- Up-to-date methods and innovative technologies in foreign language teaching
- Linguacentric and anthropocentric paradigm in professional training
- Language testing: current problems and possible solutions
- Foreign language teaching as a means of professional communication across cultures
4. Multipolarity of contemporary linguistic studies:
- Problems of professional communication and terminology
- Cognitive perspective in the research of language units
- Corpus and computer technologies in the research of linguistic facts
- Verbal cognitive activities in the focus of psycholinguistics
- Discoursology as a branch of communicative linguistics
- Pragmalinguistic studies into the aspects of text and discourse
The Conference will examine research and development of the above listed issues both locally and internationally.
At the same time the event will not only incorporate extensive discussions, it will consist of additional workshops, guest speaker sessions and scintillating social events, that will help scholars and educators develop networks and transform their ideas into valid research projects.
Conference Web-Site: https://linguistlist.org/issues/30/30-4270.html