IEEE 18th International Conference on Mathematical Methods in Electromagnetic Theory.
Abstr. due: 01.07.2020
Dates: 06.10.20 — 09.10.20
Area Of Sciences: Physics and math;
Organizing comittee e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizers: O. Y. Usikov Institute of Radiophysics and Electronics NASU, Uzhhorod National University, IEEE Ukraine Section, CEI Cooperation Fund
Conference fees and accomodation: http://mmet.org/2020/regfee
MMET conferences have a long and successful story of bringing together Ukrainian and Western, in a broad sense, scientists and engineers working in computational electromagnetics and its applications. By tradition, the conference pays large attention to mathematical correctness and accuracy of the classical and new methods of electromagnetic-wave modeling. Still, the papers dealing with implementations of various modeling methods to a wide range of applications, from photonics to signal-processing, are encouraged.
Besides this, MMET*2020 will offer a wide range of social events, which will support informal communication between participants. Uzhhorod is the most Western of all Ukrainian cities. It has over 1000 years of history, surely, a local medieval castle, and a cozy coffee shop in virtually every second building in the old city. Sub-Carpathian Region around Uzhhorod is well protected by the mountains and faces South-West. It is famous for original white and red wines and cheeses, which can be tasted in many locations here. Note also that Uzhhorod and its vicinity is the native place of parents of at least two remarkable personalities: Andy Warhol, father of Pop Art, and Nick Holonyak, father of the visible-spectrum Light-Emitting Diode. Both are well known and respected here.
Other points, which are worth noticing:
- Presented papers will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore library,
- A number of travel grants may be available for Central European participants,
- Registration fee, hotel and food prices are approximately twice lower than in Western Europe,
- Beginning of October is usually warm and sunny in Uzhhorod,
- Uzhhorod is easily accessible by car and train from all countries of Central Europe,
- "Home" international airport for Uzhhorod is Budapest rather than Lviv; a transfer by car or shuttle bus takes 2-3 hrs on the perfect road,
- Visa-free status for citizens of the EU, the USA, the UK, and many other countries makes entry to Ukraine smooth.
Please, mark the dates of October 6-9, 2020 in your calendar because the carefully chosen scientific program, wonderful location of Uzhhorod in the geographical center of Europe, and rich social program, will make MMET*2020 a memorable event.
Conference Web-Site: http://mmet.org/