Entangled Im/Mobilities: Perspectives from the Humanities and Social Sciences 2021 Conference
Abstr. due: 30.09.2020
Dates: 18.03.21 — 20.03.21
Organizing comittee e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizers: The Research Platform Mobile Cultures and Societies at the University of Vienna
The conference aims to encourage discussion on how entangled im/mobilities interact and are co-produced to reveal complex relations of meaning, shaped by geographic, cultural, and historical contexts. It seeks to bring together reflections from the humanities and the social sciences to celebrate the multifaceted field of mobilities research, expanding across and beyond disciplines, tackling topics ranging from im/mobilities resulting from climate change to cultural and literary representations of im/mobilities.
We invite proposals for the following thematic panels:
1. Entangled Inequalities: Intersectional Approaches towards Public Health Crises
2. "Points of Entanglement" in and beyond the Caribbean
3. Entangled Im/mobilities in Postcolonial African History
4. Of Other Mobilities. Entangled Embodiments and Narratives Between Mobilization and Immobilization
5. Mobility Justice? The Underrepresented Entanglement of Immobilities in Climate and Environmental Change
6. Open Panel: Topics not related to panel 1-5 that contribute to "Entangled Im/Mobilites"
Conference Web-Site: https://mobilecultures.univie.ac.at/en/conference2021/