IES Charles Rudd Distinguished Public Lectures 2021 Sustainability: Impact on our Future Lives
Abstr. due: 14.05.2021
Dates: 14.05.21 — 14.05.21
Area Of Sciences: Technical sciences;
Address: Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) Auditorium at 8 Somapah Road, Singapore 487372
Organizing comittee e-mail: email@example.com
Organizers: The Institution of Engineers, Singapore
Phone / Fax: 88926839
Conference fees and accomodation: 0
While sustainability is a familiar term to us, what do the Singapore Green Plan and other green initiatives mean to our future? How would our buildings, transportation, food, environment – and our daily lives be impacted? Will Singapore be able to effectively tackle challenges arising from climate change for the benefit of its people?
Organised by The Institution of Engineers, Singapore (IES), the Charles Rudd Distinguished Public Lectures 2021 will focus on Sustainability: Impact on Our Future Lives. The event aims to educate, engage and inspire not only the engineering and scientific community, but also students and the general public to be part of the action in building a sustainable future for Singapore.
This event is the latest edition of the public lecture series, named after the late Er. Charles Rudd, a Founder Member and Fellow of IES, to emulate his spirit of continuous professional development and active learning.
The speakers are eminent experts in the sustainability field:
- Distinguished Speaker: Prof Lui Pao Chuen, Temasek Defence Professor on “Growing Smart Cities in Nature”
- Dr Bicky Bhangu, President, South East Asia, Pacific & South Korea, Rolls-Royce on “A Journey Towards Clean Energy Powered Transportation”
- Mr Benedict Chia, Director (Strategic Issues), National Climate Change Secretariat, Strategy Group, Prime Minister’s Office on “Climate Change Challenges and Singapore’s Plans”
- Mr Manohar Khiatani. Senior Executive Director, CapitaLand Group on "Driving Sustainability in the Built Environment"
- Prof Seeram Ramakrishna, FREng, Chairman, Circular Economy Taskforce NUS and Chairman, Sustainable Manufacturing Technical Committee, IES on “Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) Technologies for the Sustainability and Carbon Neutral Economy”
These speakers will also participate in a panel discussion on “Sustainability Driving Future of Engineering, Jobs, Economy and Life” with:
- Panel moderator: Professor Seeram Ramakrishna
- Mr Calvin Chung, Chief Environmental Officer, JTC Corporation
- Er. Goh Chee Tiong, Chief Engineer/Deputy Director, Industry Regulation 1 Department, Carbon Mitigation Division, National Environment Agency
Ms Grace Fu, Minister for Sustainability and the Environment will be gracing the event as the Guest-of-Honour. She will also be presenting the IES Lifetime Engineering Achievement Award 2021 to the winner in recognition of the person’s lifetime accomplishments and achievements that have made profound impact in an engineering discipline, industry and community and for bringing national or international honours to Singapore.
Register here!Information source:www.ies.org.sg
Conference Web-Site: http://bit.ly/IES_CRDPL2021
Similar conferences with close deadlines:
Европейское научное обозрение. Выпуск №5-6/2021Theses applying till 30.06.21, Вена