School on Advanced Light-Emitting and Optical Materials SLALOM 2021
Country: Russian Federation
Abstr. due: 24.05.2021
Dates: 28.06.21 — 30.06.21
Area Of Sciences: Physics and math;
Organizing comittee e-mail: email@example.com
Organizers: ITMO University
Conference fees and accomodation: EARLY fee - 100 EUR (offline), 45 EUR (online)
The third SchooL on Advanced Light-Emitting and Optical Materials (SLALOM) will be held on June 28-30, 2021. Advanced light-emitting and optical materials, including metamaterials, is a platform for future breakthroughs in telecommunications, quantum computing, displays, photovoltaics, and biophotonics. 3-day course of lectures from the world's best experts the fundamentals to the latest achievements in the field, poster session and discussions with experts on modern scientific issues.
The school will be held in a hybrid format (offline in Vladivostok, Russia for Russian participants + online worldwide).
WHY PARTICIPATE AT SLALOM:
- The school is aimed at Master’s students, last year Bachelor’s students, and early PhD students and is built to provide a knowledge foundation, hands-on experience, and networking.
- Overview of the latest achievements in the field and promising topics.
- Lectures about scattering theory, nanolasers, nanoplasmonics, 2D materials, optical experimental methods and life-time measurements.
- Useful links and resources for you to get prepared for the School.
- Practical classes in COMSOL that will help you to get familiar with the software, understand the basics and run your own project under careful guidance.
- Poster session where you can present your research and exchange your experience with the leading experts.
- Open talks on how and why pursue a career in science and tips and tricks on how to make your first steps.
- Community of early-career researchers and leading experts.
Conference Web-Site: https://slalom.physics.itmo.ru/