Workshop on Natural Language Processing for Digital Humanities
Abstr. due: 07.11.2021
Dates: 16.12.21 — 19.12.21
Organizing comittee e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizers: Rootroo, University of Helsinki
The Workshop on Natural Language Processing for Digital Humanities is co-located with ICON 2021. The proceedings will be published in the ACL anthology. The workshop will take place virtually on the 16th or 19th of December 2021.
The focus of the workshop is on applying natural language processing techniques to digital humanities research. The topics can be anything of digital humanities interest with a natural language processing or generation aspect. A list of suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Text analysis and processing related to humanities using computational methods
- Dataset creation and curation for NLP (e.g. digitization, digitalization, datafication, and data preservation).
- Research on cultural heritage collections such as national archives and libraries using NLP
- NLP for error detection, correction, normalization and denoising data
- Generation and analysis of literary works such as poetry and novels
- Analysis and detection of text genres
We solicit original and unpublished work related to digital humanities and natural language processing. Short papers can be up to 4 pages in length and long papers up to 8 pages. Both submission formats can have an unlimited number of pages for references. All submissions must follow the ACL stylesheet.
- Paper submission: the 7th of November 2021
- Notification of acceptance: the 28th of November 2021
- Camera ready deadline: the 5th of December 2021
- Workshop: the 16th or 19th of December 2021
Conference Web-Site: https://rootroo.com/en/nlp4dh-workshop/