The International Conference “Advanced Problems in Mechanics”
Country: Russian Federation
Abstr. due: 15.02.2014
Dates: 30.06.14 — 05.07.14
Area Of Sciences: Physics and math;
Address: Bolshoy pr. V.O., 61, St. Petersburg, 199178, Russia
Organizing comittee e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizers: nstitute for Problems in Mechanical Engineering of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IPME RAS) under the patronage of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS).
The International Conference “Advanced Problems in Mechanics — 2014” is organized by the Institute for Problems in Mechanical Engineering of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IPME RAS) under the patronage of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS).
The conference is the 42th in a series of annual summer schools.
The main purpose of the meeting is to gather specialists from different branches of mechanics to provide a platform for cross-fertilisation of ideas. The list of problems under investigation is not limited to questions of mechanical engineering, but includes practically all advanced problems in mechanics, which is reflected in the name of the conference.
Presentations devoted to fundamental aspects of mechanics, or spreading the field of applications of mechanics, are invited. We are particularly keen to receive contributions that show new effects and phenomena or develop new mathematical models. The topics of the conference cover all fields of mechanics, including, but not restricted, to
- mechanics of media with microstructure
- molecular and particle dynamics
- phase transitions
- computational mechanics
- wave motion
- nonlinear dynamics, chaos and vibration
- dynamics of rigid bodies and multibody dynamics
- solids and structures
- fluid and gas
- mechanical and civil engineering applications
- aerospace mechanics
The following accompanying events will take place at APM-2014:
1. Minisymposium "Computational Contact Mechanics". Chairperson: Prof. Udo Nackenhorst (Germany)
2. Minisymposium " Shells and membranes in biomechanics/medicine". Сhairpersons: Prof. Svetlana Bauer (Russia) and Prof. Anders Eriksson (Sweden)
3. Minisymposium "Discrete Element Modeling of Materials and Processes". Chairperson: Prof. Sergiy Antonyuk (Germany).
4. Minisymposium "Mathematical and numerical modelling in Hydraulic Fracturing". Chairpersons: A. Linkov (Russia, Poland), A. M. Krivtsov, V. A.Kuzkin (Russia), G. Mishuris (UK)
5. International workshop "Multiscale modelling in ceramics”
Organisers: D. Bigoni (Italy), G. Mishuris (UK), A. Movchan (UK)
A number of leading researchers in the above fields will be delivering keynote lectures.
Four different forms of presentations are offered, namely, plenary lectures (40 minutes), presentations at minisymposia (20 minutes), short communications (20 minutes), and posters.
The working language for oral presentations is English. Regrettably we can not provide simultaneous translation, and due to the international nature of the conference all the oral presentations must be in English.
The working languages for poster sessions are English and Russian.
Conference Web-Site: http://apm-conf.spb.ru/2014/
Similar conferences with close deadlines:
II Международная научно-практическая конференция "Механика и машиностроение: наука и практика"Theses applying till 13.12.19, Санкт-Петербург