Philosophy, Mathematics, Linguistics: Aspects of Interaction 2014 (PhML-2014)
Country: Russian Federation
City: St. Petersburg
Abstr. due: 01.03.2014
Dates: 21.04.14 — 25.04.14
Organizing comittee e-mail: PhMLemail@example.com
Organizers: Euler International Mathematical Institute (EIMI)
For an accepted paper to be included in the Proceedings, all the authors must pre-register online as participants of PhML-2014, but only the authors who are present must pay the registration fee during registration upon arrival. Authors of accepted papers are required to ensure that at least one of them will attend the conference to present the paper. Papers that do not adhere to this policy will be removed from the Proceedings.
For presentation at thematic sessions, the conference invites the submission of contributed papers on original and unpublished research relating to the interplay between philosophy, mathematics and linguistics. Each presentation of a contributed paper is allotted 25 min, including 5 min for questions. Papers from any tradition and from a wide variety of perspectives are welcome, including but in no way limited to the following topics:
- New trends in the foundations of mathematics;
- Complexity in mathematics, logic, linguistics;
- Ontology of mathematics and the nature of mathematical truth;
- The problem of abstract entities in mathematics, philosophy and linguistics;
- Philosophical aspects of informatics, novel computational models and paradigms;
- Philosophy of mathematics and philosophy of logic;
- Mathematical investigation of natural language structures.
Since we intend to promote interdisciplinary joint work, we especially welcome studies that cross disciplinary boundaries and consider different aspects of philosophy, mathematics, and linguistics in interaction.
Presentations of contributed papers are organized into three sections:
- Mathematical and logical methods in philosophy and in sciences of language;
- Philosophical Insights into Logic and Mathematics;
- Complexity in mathematics, philosophy, linguistics.
Conference Web-Site: http://www.pdmi.ras.ru/EIMI/2014/PhML/index_files/submission.html