Agricultural History Society 2015 Annual Conference
Тезисы до: 01.10.2014
Даты: 03.06.15 — 06.06.15
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: firstname.lastname@example.org
Организаторы: Agricultural History Society
Located in the Horse Capital of the World, Lexington, Kentucky, the 2015 annual meeting of the Agricultural History Society will explore the theme of animals in rural, agricultural, and environmental history. For thousands of years, people have fostered profound, often contradictory relationships with animals. Nowhere is this relationship more evident and complicated than in its agricultural context, where animals have served as labor saving machines, companions, capital, food, and proxies for societies’ larger relationships, whether human, spiritual, or material. Kentucky’s Bluegrass Region offers an excellent location to consider that historical relationship, given its longstanding place at the center of the international business of thoroughbred racing, horse breeding, veterinary science, and ancillary industries like bourbon distillation. The committee especially encourages proposals on the place of animals in rural, agricultural, and environmental history, but also welcomes panels that are not related to the conference theme.
Information on submission:
- The Society takes a broad view on what constitutes rural and agricultural history. Topics from any location and time period are welcome.
- The AHS encourages proposals of all types, including traditional sessions with successive papers and commentary, thematic panel discussions or debates, roundtables on recent books or films, workshops, and poster presentations.
- If you will need technology for presentations, please indicate this in your proposal.
- The program committee prefers complete session proposals, but individual papers will be considered.
- The AHS extends a special welcome to graduate students and has a competitive travel grant for students presenting papers.
Веб-сайт конференции: http://www.aghistorysociety.org/