National Puppetry Festival 2015
Тезисы до: 01.11.2014
Даты: 10.08.15 — 16.08.15
Область наук: Искусствоведение;
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: PuppetFest@uconn.edu
Организаторы: Puppeteers of America
Are you interested in puppetry? Imagine seeing puppet shows you have read about on the web, in magazines and books. All that creativity, knowledge, information and history suddenly becomes real. Puppeteers of all kinds, from all disciplines, from all over the country and beyond gather for performances, workshops, shared inspiration and friendship. The most eclectic, focused, energizing puppetry meetup you can conceive. That’s a puppet festival.
Meet people who do what you do, love what you love. Meet people who get you, and your passion for puppetry. Puppet festivals are inspiration and imagination brought to life. Creativity is shared. Bonds are made, and friendships forged that will last beyond the festival. You will be changed, and your puppetry will grow.
“Teaching artists are professional artists who have also developed the ability as educators to effectively draw people into the arts and artistic engagement. Teaching artists are relied on in organizations including schools, arts institutions, senior centers, juvenile justice and corporate programs, to engage audiences and incite active arts participation. The teaching artist field has rapidly grown in the last two decades as their skills become progressively more important in a world where creativity is increasingly associated with productivity.”
– David Marshall, Massachusetts Cultural Council.
“Puppetry in therapy is an important aspect of the power of the puppet and an area that is growing nationally and internationally. It is important for us to explore how puppets can be used in a variety of ways in expressive therapy.”
– Judith O’Hare, Education Consultant, Puppeteers of America
The Professional Day for Teaching Artists and Therapists is Professional Development for puppeteers, educators and therapists who would like to be more effective while working in educational and therapeutic settings.Call for Presentation Proposals!!
Presentation Proposals can include:
- projects that have been effective and how they have met the Common Core and state standards
- information for evaluating process and results
- training needed to be an effective Teaching Artist
- research and advanced graduate study
- use of technology
- the role of Puppetry and the Arts in education and therapy today
- how puppets relate to current educational philosophies in multiple intelligence, learning styles, literacy, and other curricular topics
- guidelines and practices in using Puppetry in therapy
- current philosophy on the use and effectiveness of Puppetry in therapy
- other relevant topics
Each Presenter will be allotted 30 minutes – 20 minutes for the presentation and 10 minutes for discussion. Presentations should be focused on one topic and timed to allow for lively discussion.
Digital Projection will be available. Presenters should bring the appropriate dongle to connect their device to a VGA cord.
Веб-сайт конференции: http://www.puppeteers.org/festivals/national-festival/