2015 ASSC Workshop on Sensorimotor Theory
Тезисы до: 02.03.2015
Даты: 04.07.15 — 05.07.15
Область наук: Психологические;
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: firstname.lastname@example.org
Организаторы: Laboratoire Psychologie de la Perception
- Anthony Chemero (University of Cincinnati)
- Alva Noë (University of California, Berkeley)
- Malika Auvray (Institute Jean Nicod, Paris)
- Xabier Barandiaran (University of the Basque Country)
- Andreas Engel (University Medical Center, Hamburg)
- Erik Myin (University of Antwerp)
According to the sensorimotor approach, progress toward dissolving the mysteries of consciousness can be made if experience is conceived of as a kind of bodily engagement with the environment, rather than something that happens only in the brain. Specifically, this approach claims that perceptual consciousness depends on implicit mastery of sensorimotor contingencies, the pattern-like ways that sensory inputs change as a function of movement. Since its original philosophical statement (O’Regan and Noë, 2001), the theory has been extended and developed in various ways, resulting in a rich set of empirical and philosophical ideas about conscious experience. The aim of the Workshop is to bring together scientists and philosophers to discuss key issues that a future sensorimotor theory should tackle.
The workshop is part of the FEEL project financed by the European Research Council and hosted by the Laboratory of Perception Psychology of the University Paris Descartes.
We invite submissions engaging with one or more of the following topics:
- What kind of experimental work can we do to evaluate the role of sensorimotor contingencies (SMCs) in consciousness?
- How do we formalize the concept of SMCs?
- How do we account for the difference between conscious and unconscious exercise of sensorimotor mastery?
- How (if at all) can a sensorimotor approach ‘scale up’ to things like social cognition and abstract thought?
- What role do neural processes play? And how does sensorimotor theory relate to the predictive coding approach?
We also welcome contributions on other relevant topics and subtopics, which may address empirical work and/or conceptual issues.
Веб-сайт конференции: http://lpp.psycho.univ-paris5.fr/feel/?page_id=691
Конференции по теме - с близкими дедлайнами:
Европейский журнал образования и прикладной психологии. Номер 3/2021Прием тезисов до 30.07.21, Вена