2015 USENIX Summit on Gaming, Games, and Gamification in Security Education
Тезисы до: 05.05.2015
Даты: 11.08.15 — 11.08.15
Область наук: Педагогические;
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2015 USENIX Summit on Gaming, Games, and Gamification in Security Education (3GSE), to be co-located with USENIX Security, is designed to bring together educators and game designers working in the growing field of digital games, non-digital games, pervasive games, gamification, contests, and competitions for computer security education. The summit will attempt to represent, through invited talks, paper presentations, panels, and tutorials, a variety of approaches and issues related to using games for security education.
Building upon the success of last year's inaugural 3GSE Summit, this year's mission is to continue to build a broad, interdisciplinary community interested in answering critical, open questions, including:
- What makes a good security game?
- How can games be used to draw students to computer science?
- How do we meaningfully evaluate security games?
- How does one build a game playable by populations with different backgrounds, skill levels, and cultural experiences?
The year's summit welcomes paper submissions on the use of games or game-like approaches to computer security education in any setting (K-12, undergraduate, graduate, non-traditional students, professional development, and the general public). Security education goals may include developing or maturing specific knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs), or improving awareness of issues in the cyber domain (e.g. cyber literacy, online citizenship). 3GSE is intended to be a venue for educators, designers, and evaluators to collaborate, to share knowledge, to improve existing practice, to critically review state-of-the-art, and to validate or refute widely held beliefs.
Specific topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Games—Experiences with the integration of games for security education and awareness (in the workplace, in the classroom, in extra-curricular programs); any audience may be considered, but especially interesting are CS-major audiences, non-major audiences, K–12 audiences and technically inexperienced adult learners.
- Gamification—How do we leverage gamification to meet our pedagogical goals? Experience reports in asynchronous courses, distance learning, and MOOCs are especially welcome.
- Competitions and CTFs—How can we maximize the pedagogical value of capture the flag exercises? How do we make competitions easier to design, deploy, and replay while maintaining their appeal and pedagogical quality? How do we design competitions for players with different learning styles and social backgrounds? Can we rigorously investigate issues of practical significance in these games (e.g., approaches to detect cheating, to scoring, to bracket design, to event timing, to gameplay duration, pedagogical evaluation) to arrive at best practices?
- Outreach—How can game-based approaches serve to engage populations underrepresented in computer science? What approaches seem most promising, either validated in CS pilot programs or by other fields?
- Play—Can we enhance lessons and activities for security education by making these “playful” and/or by leveraging games? When does playfulness succeed, and when does it fail / distract/ lead to misunderstandings?
- Design—How can various design elements (e.g., storytelling, narrative, game balance, game flow) serve or inform security education? How can we ease the "design burden" by leveraging existing capabilities or novel collaborations?
- Measurement and Methodology—How do we evaluate games from an educational perspective? What data do we need? How do we collect and analyze the data we need? What approaches from other fields are most useful to validating security games?
Веб-сайт конференции: https://www.usenix.org/conference/3gse15/call-for-papers
Конференции по теме - с близкими дедлайнами:
2019 3rd International Conference on Education and Multimedia Technology (ICEMT 2019)Прием тезисов до 25.05.19, Nagoya
2019 10th International Conference on E-Business, Management and Economics (ICEME 2019)Прием тезисов до 25.05.19, Beijing
2019 International Conference on Computer Science and Technologies in Education (CSTE 2019)Прием тезисов до 25.05.19, Cairo