2016 Workshop PEOPLES: Computational Modeling of People's Opinions, Personality, and Emotions in Social Media
Тезисы до: 25.09.2016
Даты: 12.12.16 — 12.12.16
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: peoples2016coling at gmail.com
On social media, users nowadays freely express what is on their mind at any moment in time, at any location, and about virtually anything. These large amounts of spontaneously produced texts open up a unique opportunity to learn more about such users, e.g., predicting demographic variables (age, gender), but also personality types, as well as emotions and opinion expressions. Aspects of human personality and behavior have been mostly studied in isolation, often in different - but related - communities. We believe that the time is ripe to bring these communities a step closer, to study people’s traits and expressions jointly and in their interplay.
On a conceptual level we can view these aspects on a continuum of stability, where some can be considered stable (e.g., gender), while others are of more transitional nature and contextually prompted (e.g., emotions). They can be seen as characterizing traits of the whole person and should be studied together. As of now, however, little is known on how they interact with one another in computational language modeling, or how they can inform each other in modeling people or improving natural language processing tools.
This workshop intends to bring together researchers in Computational Linguistics and Natural Language Processing who share an interest in personality, opinion and emotion detection, and especially in researching the intertwining of such traits and expressions.
We encourage the submission of long (8 pages) and short (4 pages) research papers, including opinion statements. We especially welcome views from different fields on how to treat the different aspects. We welcome submissions related but not limited to the following topics:
- opinion, personality and emotion detection in social media
- predicting demographic variables and author traits (gender, age, personality)
- opinions, personality and emotions and their interactions
- interaction between personality, opinion and emotions with demographic variables (age, gender)
- interaction between personality, opinion and emotions and geo-spatial information (geographic locations and places)
- interaction between personality, opinion and emotions with politics
- personality, opinion and emotions and social network analysis
- modeling of personality, opinion and emotions from a multimodal perspective
- exploitation of the different degree of stability of the various traits
- reflections on the definition of personal traits
- applications of predictive modeling of user traits
- on the ethics of predictive modeling of social variables
Веб-сайт конференции: http://malvinanissim.github.io/PEOPLES/