Sub-THz active assembly with mechanical scanning for security systemsPublished by emelezhik on Пт, 09/02/2016 - 11:23
Inspection of content in packages that are transparent in sub-terahertz spectral range (paper, plastic, polyfoam, gypsum plasterboard, unhumid wood, footwear sole, knapsacks, etc.)
Main technical specifications :
- active mode (with using a radiation source)
- operation frequency 70+-15, 140+-3, 280+-10 GHz
- doesn't need additional cooling
- scanning speed 2 min.
- image format 60х>=40 pixels
- operating region 60х>=40 mm<sup>2</sup> (can be extended)
- dynamic range >=40 dB
Fig. 2. Dielectric objects at 275 GHz hidden inside a hollowing polyfoam package (not seen for detection in X-Ray, visible and IR spectra).