Sub-THz active assembly for security applicationsPublished by emelezhik on Пт, 09/16/2016 - 14:33
Basic technical features:
- Active mode (using a sub-THz radiation source);
- Operation radiation frequency: ν ~ 75, ~94, ~140 GHz (bi-frequency radiation sources mode can be available);
- Detection array: linear array of FET sub-THz detectors;
- Number of pixels in imagery: >= 2.5*104 (>= 128x200);
- Pixel size (resolution): <~ 2x2 / 4x4 mm (in dependence of radiation frequency);
- Detection of dust drugs, pills, blades, ceramics, and other metallic and non-metallic enclosures;
- Frame rate (detection time): >=0.5 Hz (≤2 s);
- Rate of item movement to be recognized: >=200 mm/s;
- Dynamic range >=40 dB.
Fig. 1 (in the right). Examples of items images within the rubber sole at ν=140 GHz : razor blade (left, dsole ~2 cm), medical pill (right, dsole ~ 1.5 cm). Scanning rate V=200 mm/s (line rate γ=200 Hz). Images obtaining time t=1 s. 32-element detector array from 128 linear array in process. Pitch l=1 mm.
More pictures at radiation frequency ν = 140 GHz
Scanning rate V=200 mm/s (line rate γ=200 Hz). Images obtaining time t=1 s. 32-element detector array, pitch =1 mm.
Empty lighter at different radiation frequencies.