International Conference “Contemporary Issues in Air & Space Laws“
Страна: Арабские Эмираты
Тезисы до: 23.10.2016
Даты: 22.02.17 — 23.02.17
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: email@example.com
Организаторы: University of Sharjah
Air travel has become both suitable and relatively inexpensive allowing passengers to travel to more places then ever before. Indeed, air travel is considered a fundamental aspect of modern life. The Air transport industry is a transnational one generating billions of dollars in revenue, employing millions of people, and involving many countries worldwide. The present global economy, however, has sparked a continuous debate about the evolution of air law and continues to place great pressure to develop new ideas that may have significant effects on civil aviation.
There is a growing need to regulate space activities as more countries establish and expand space programs. The nature of space activities has changed from state-governed into private enterprises that have created several challenges to space law as well. International and national initiatives and laws will have to cope with these recent developments and fill any regulatory gaps.
United Arab Emirates (UAE) is one of the leading countries in air and space industry as it is home to one of the largest airports in the world and international airlines such as Etihad Airways, Emirates Airline, and Air Arabia. Furthermore, the UAE space program led to successful launch of several satellites and many more to come.
In light of these developments and challenges, the University of Sharjah College of Law, a pioneer institution providing legal education in the UAE, is organizing an international conference to address these issues at the national and international levels. It is hoped that the outcomes of the conference, through presentations and discussions, will inform policymakers on the solutions to many of the challenges air and space industries face.
We welcome contributions – theoretical, empirical, or inter-disciplinary- on any of these issues including:
1) Liability and insurance in the fields of air and space laws
2) Economic aspects of air and space laws (such as competition and antitrust, liberalization of air transport, airline merger, and utilization of space resources)
3) Regulation of launching small satellites
4) Regulation of sub-orbital flights
5) Protecting intellectual property rights in space
6) Rules of international law governing air and space
7) Efforts by United Arab Emirates in air and space activities (efforts of the UAE General Civil Aviation Authority and UAE Space Agency)
8) Settlement of disputes in light of air and space laws (practical application at the national and international levels)
Веб-сайт конференции: http://www.sharjah.ac.ae/en/academics/Colleges/Law/Pages/evt_detail.aspx?mcid=140